Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number Of Keys...

Hi

I had a Y-reg IS200 SE from new and had two keys, plus a valet key (only opened doors and ignition).

Am about to buy an X-reg IS200 Sport for the other half, but the current owner maintains they only ever had 2 keys for it - and no valet key.

Is this possible? Am always worried with the prospect of not getting all the keys, in case it gets nicked or something silly. Is it only later cars that come with 3 keys, or should I be suspect on this?

Thanks

Jeff

Previous owner only handed the master key in to the dealer with mine, they bought me one new master key, so I don't have the valet key either.

If you have a master key, there must surely be a way making the immobiliser forget the missing keys? That way the missing keys will still open the door but won't start the car or disable the alarm.

If you have a master key, there must surely be a way making the immobiliser forget the missing keys? That way the missing keys will still open the door but won't start the car or disable the alarm.

Yes there is and you can unprogram the missing keys from the alarm/central locking.