Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

N/a Power Gains

Hi all,

I'm currently driving, well no currently being driven round by the Girlfriend! but my car is a '96 SR 5 Door Civic, did have the coupe version but sold it to rid myself of a load of debt.

Unfortunately it's suffered a bout of oil starvation and one of the big ends have gone! :angry:

Once i get the engine swapped i'll be looking to buy an IS200. i was just wondering how fast it really is.

On the books it says 9.5 to 60, but my civic is quoted as 9.7 but it's actually been recorded at just under 8.5 secs (standard).

Do the "Lexii", to coin a Partridge phrase, experience the same 'loosening up' if you will?

What Power gains should be expected with a performance exhaust, CAI + Induction Kit, removing the Pre-cat (might have my models mixed up on that one..) and getting it chipped?

I want to keep it N/A if possible hence the simple mods. Any ideas to increase the power further?

Thanks,

Ian

the 200 can feel a little slow off the mark but goes like stink when up in the revs,i think the 200 is perfect,the straight six is smooth and quiet,better than a four cylinder by miles,i wouldnt waste your money on chips etc,too exspensive for such little gains.

the 200 can feel a little slow off the mark but goes like stink when up in the revs,i think the 200 is perfect,the straight six is smooth and quiet,better than a four cylinder by miles,i wouldnt waste your money on chips etc,too exspensive for such little gains..... sorry to go off topic..

Wouldn`t say it goes like stink at all i`m afraid.... I i think we have been here before so i will leave it at that... :duh:

Much prefer the 4 cylinder... personally don`t think that the 6 cylinder is MUCH smoother either... But i don`t wanna tread on toes, so i will appologise now, if i offend as none is meant.... honest :blush:

the 200 can feel a little slow off the mark but goes like stink when up in the revs,i think the 200 is perfect,the straight six is smooth and quiet,better than a four cylinder by miles,i wouldnt waste your money on chips etc,too exspensive for such little gains..... sorry to go off topic..

Wouldn`t say it goes like stink at all i`m afraid.... I i think we have been here before so i will leave it at that... :duh:

Much prefer the 4 cylinder... personally don`t think that the 6 cylinder is MUCH smoother either... But i don`t wanna tread on toes, so i will appologise now, if i offend as none is meant.... honest :blush:

i dont wanna tread on toes either mate but your talking crap :)

Now how did i know that was coming?? :ph34r:

Now how did i know that was coming?? :ph34r:

:winky: