Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jdm Dash Tray + Tft Display

Hi!

I am a new member of this great forum. I have been visiting regulary for almost two months and have picked up lots of great ideas and tips. I am planning to buy an IS200 in the next few weeks. I intend to put a carputer into my car when I get it (well - its SO COOL! :D )

However.

A friend of mine has a 2000 IS200 Sport (No Sat Nav) and wants to do the same. So I thought I would help him and use the knowledge gained to help me when I come to do mine. I have been reading with great interest the "adventures" of Fargo and Brettster in their quests to have a carputer. Well Done to both!

My question is regarding the screen of the carputer.

I want to know if a 7" Lilliput or CarTFT/Xenarc screen can fit inside the JDM Dash Tray that is available on eBay?

I have the dimensions of several displays available here

TFT Display sizes

Would someone who has a JDM dash tray be so kind as to measure how big the insides of the tray are? :)

Obviously a motorised solution wouild be perfect, but for now its fine if the screen can just be placed flat inside the tray and then closed

I don't mind if to use the carputer we have to open the dash tray and place the screen on its stand manually. Just concerned about thieves!

Alternatively - I have seen those DIN sized motorised screens - would they fit inside the tray?

DIN Sized Flip-Out Screen

Thanks,

Anees

No im sorry to say, the Tray is actually very small inside and the sides of the top of the dash taper in too, its all against us for putting a 7" screen in.

I have mine sat on top, but I have to remove it when im not in the car, Paul has put his at the bottom, but he already has satnav :o :o .

maybe a smaller screen would fit in the gap, but I have not seen any touch screens smaller than 7" with VGA inputs

SteveAudioX was working on a system that went into the top dash - from what I remember it automatically came up when you started the car - looked fantastic!

Might be worth dropping him a pm to see how he did it?

I'm looking into this exact same thing - it might fit in by removing the inner liner of the dash tray, i.e. so all you put in there is the screen, but again it might not fit due to the surround size of the screen itself - the 7" screen would fit on it's own most likely.

In this respect the dash-tray might need some hacking...

Like digging out the past here...

Been showing this thing off recently.

Project has been put on hold as I have been so busy with the house, etc..

Not even too sure if poeple still interested :unsure:

I got as far as having a complete working sample made up pretty easily..

Also got the dash trays in.... Looms, Motorised mech.. was going to order the expensive part. but did'nt.

Was also waiting on the LOC online shop..

I am planning to bring this to JAE to show and guage interest and hopefully some orders..

Sorry to keep all those who were interseted waiting..

Thanks for the replies.

Steve that really looks AMAZING! :D

Me and my mate would definetly be interested!

However:

Can the screen be a 7" Lilliput / Xenarc /CarTFT Touch Screen screen for carputer use?

Would it be possible for us to buy just the top tray bit? Don't really need the DVD and other funtionality since the carputer would be responsible for it.

Is it easy to fit?

Thanks,

Anees

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links