Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I thought I would share an experience that I have had with my Lexus GS300 (1999) Alarm system.

Lately my Alarm has been going off for no apparent reason. It has been booked in to my local Lexus dealer to be checked. However last night it decided to go off at 11pm and the remote was unable to turn it off.

I had no alternative other than to disconnect the Battery as it was late and was upsetting the neighbours.

PLEASE NOTE: When you disonnect Battery DO NOT completely close the bonnet. I did and also locked the door with key and soon realised that I would not able to open it again as it needs the Battery. Fortunately one of the rear doors was still open and I was able to open the car manually. My dealer informed me that if this was the case they would have gain acces from the boot to the cabin area through the centre armrest if backseat, but min is completely sealed, or break the front grille to gain acces to bonnet.

When i connect the Battery I inserted the key in to the ignition and entered my secuirity pin and then when to start. The engine turned but would not fire. Through the help of the AA, they managed to find some info on their knowledge base which said to insert key and leave it in the START position for a minimum of 6 minutes, I guess it needs to reporgram. After that the car started.

I hope this will be of interest to any GS300 owners.

I have still got my car booked in to have the Alarm checked over.

Reagards

Sid Da Costa

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

I think I may have the same problem!

Alarm goes off and you cant do any thing to stop it, including driving with the alarm sounding.

Also hear a faint bleeping from somewhere.

Did you get anywhere with the garage??

Regards

Jon Dowie

Thats interesting, as this seems to have started since another car hit into the passenger winger / bumper.

Do you know what the sensor type is or where it is located?

Jon

no I don't Jon - sorry

prolly a magnet on the front somewhere, but I'm guessing

I thought I would share an experience that I have had with my Lexus GS300 (1999) Alarm system.

Lately my Alarm has been going off for no apparent reason. It has been booked in to my local Lexus dealer to be checked. However last night it decided to go off at 11pm and the remote was unable to turn it off.

I had no alternative other than to disconnect the battery as it was late and was upsetting the neighbours.

PLEASE NOTE: When you disonnect battery DO NOT completely close the bonnet. I did and also locked the door with key and soon realised that I would not able to open it again as it needs the battery. Fortunately one of the rear doors was still open and I was able to open the car manually. My dealer informed me that if this was the case they would have gain acces from the boot to the cabin area through the centre armrest if backseat, but min is completely sealed, or break the front grille to gain acces to bonnet.

When i connect the battery I inserted the key in to the ignition and entered my secuirity pin and then when to start. The engine turned but would not fire. Through the help of the AA, they managed to find some info on their knowledge base which said to insert key and leave it in the START position for a minimum of 6 minutes, I guess it needs to reporgram. After that the car started.

I hope this will be of interest to any GS300 owners.

I have still got my car booked in to have the Alarm checked over.

Reagards

Sid Da Costa

Thanks for that - had to charge my Battery overnight so it was useful to know when it all was connected back, to leave it for 6 mins

Thanks for that.

Have removed the 3 bolts at the front but there still seems to be a central fixing which will not allow me to remove the front catch plate assembly?

Jon

Instructions imply that the radiator support bar needs to be removed

bonnet_catch.jpg