Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brake Pads

whiteman

can someone help me, I have taken the rear pads out of both sides and me is

not sure which side the squeel shims go as were fitted differently to each other.

there are two stainless ones on each side so that is obvious put wheredoes the other one with the arrow go, inner or outer pad?

I have looked in the forums but cant find. I dont want to just put them in any old how, if so does it make any difference.

Pads taken out coz me is painting the calipers. I woz going out on the lash with the wife but I changed my mind and told I would rather stay in. she has gone out with her mates so me is painting calipers and drinking stella. hee hee.

I am very happy to help with this one....

I have just changed my rear pads

Each side of the disc, concentrating on one wheel/side of the car at a time.

There is two calipers each side of the brake disc right.....

First next to the caliper is the silver anti squeel pad(outer edge furthest from brake disk which is sitting in centre) We'll call this 1

Then there is the plastic anti squeel pad. The arrowe must face towards the main direction of travel when going forward (meaning simply, "facing upwards". CAll this 2

This plastic pad sits directly onto the back of the brake pad, then the brake pad slots in touching the brake disc call the brake pad 3

So if it helps

Order as above is from the outer edge of the car nearest to the wheel inwards under the car............ Caliper then, 1 (metal anti squeel), 2, (plastic anti squeel, arrow upwards), then 3 (brake pad), meets one edge of the disk, the is reversed on the inside edge of the desk nearest to underside of the car

1, 2, 3, brake disk, then 3, 2, 1.

All metal and plastic anti squeel have the lip to sit in the round holes on brake pad.

Helps?

read your post again..

There should be two plastic anti squeel pads, for inner and outer brake pad individually.

I thought there was only one, did my first side,

then moved onto the next side rear, and there was two..

Had to go back to the left rear, dismatle agasin then I found it

per side of the car, two metal anti squeels and two plastic anti squeels, one for inner, one for outer either side of brake pads and brake disc in centree

ok you're stuffed on that one then?

Mine is an import car remember, but is the 6 cylinder as per uk car.

Some other members need to jump in here at this point then.

So you have one plastic anti s pad each rear wheel....

It's gonna have to be a choice whether to go with inside side of brake disc or outer side of brake disk then?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links