Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Fob Has Stopped 'plipping'

Having replied to Maneesh that my car is still going strong, today my 'plipper' - doesnt!

I've put a new Battery in (AT 6 BL**DY QUID!!!) and it just remains silent.

I havent dropped it in water or bashed it or anything out of the ordinary. Can anyone suggest a reason/remedy???

You're not parked in a different location are you?

There were some older threads about something like this where local radio interference can stop it working, think the shopping centre at Manchester has a pretty bad rep for this?

Have you got another key you can try on the car? Mine started acting up last week and I thought it was the car at first but tried the other key and it was fine. At least that would rule out the key you've just had the Battery replaced in or point directly to it.

Can anyone suggest a reason/remedy???

you could try making the "plipping" noise when you push the button...........

i do this with the Pajero in car parks so people think i have a posh alarm fitted

Nope ... button on the key does nowt. Yes I know theres an on/off button just to the left of the steering column, and it makes no difference which way its switched.

I can only assume that some bit of electrickery has died!

but thanks for the thought

:yawn: Doh! If it's like my series 3 plip button thingy (two buttons; one plip, one red for 'PANIC!!!!!) there's also a slidy button on the side that switches it off. You DO feel a fool when you find you've done that. May be different on ser 2? But I also have two plips so no problem.

Good to know about the button inside tho; will look 4 that.