Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeeling Brakes And Clicking Noise

:ph34r: was out and about today in the lex getting a squeeling noise when braking and ther is also a click or clunk noise that happens mainly when turning car has been to lexus main dealers pads and bushes all ok any ideas out ther also some toe rag had my badges off from the back of the car :tsktsk:

Clunking noise would be caused by uneven pot distance in the calipers. There 2 pots in each stock caliper.

Does your brake pads have uneven wear, if so, balance out the 2 pots and fit in new pads. Wheelshops have a special tool they use to balance these out.

Also changed to mintex pads recently. Rotors seem ok, though it does a slight tap against the disc covers (behind the rotors) under hard braking.

Either than that, the clunking around corners is gone.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

my brakes are squealing all the time only started after visiting devon on holiday....not that it matters as some f****r drove into the back of mine last sunday. £2313 worth of damage, i only took it back to newcastle to have it mot'd