Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Polished Stainless Exhaust Manifold

petejenkin

could anyone please advise me whether the IS300 exhaust manifold is exactly the same as the IS200?

I have found a company in the states that can make a realy nice manifold, all tuned lengths, to replace mine, but they are unsure whether the IS300 is the same, could someone please help me.

Thanks guys

Dave still looking forward to seeing what comes out of your shed :whistling:

OT but when I get the precats remoevd does that mean I don't have to worry about hitting the red line? It sounds mental when the car hits the red line, just at the minute I can fell the cats breaking up!!!

OT but when I get the precats remoevd does that mean I don't have to worry about hitting the red line? It sounds mental when the car hits the red line, just at the minute I can fell the cats breaking up!!!

Dusts himself off,puts angle grinder down, welding googles to one side...........shed door creaks open :whistling:

Remmoving the precats will remove the possibility of them breaking up and then blocking the manifold.............results of this not that good :sick:

Sounds better as well :whistling:

maestro mat C will be along to shed more light on it i'm sure :driving: :mat:

Dusts himself off,puts angle grinder down, welding googles to one side...........shed door creaks open :whistling:

Remmoving the precats will remove the possibility of them breaking up and then blocking the manifold.............results of this not that good :sick:

Sounds better as well :whistling:

maestro mat C will be along to shed more light on it i'm sure :driving: :mat:

possibly even blocking up the main cat :whistling:

as they are after the manifolds

unless you were reversing :lol:

what !!! mat c driving a maestro

whatever next

dave ?

why would you be wearing welding goggles whilst angle grinding ?? B)

what !!! mat c driving a maestro

whatever next

You may laugh... but he did indeed used to drive a Maestro .. :blink:

indeed i did a very rare Maestro Turbo..........AND A VERY QUICK ONE AT THAT

Faster than a Ferrai, a Porsche, a Lamborghini, a Lotus an Aston... said the original advertising brochure for the MG Maestro Turbo. Quite a claim, and in the small print at the bottom of the brochure it's qualified like this :

'Performance claims Ferrari Mondial 7.4 seconds, Lamborghini Jalpa 7.0 seconds, Lotus Excel 6.8 seconds, Aston Martin V8 Volante 7.0 seconds, Porsche 944 7.1 seconds'

A Maestro faster to 0-60 than all of these cars? Yep, 6.7 seconds was the 'book' figure. Achieved by using a similar engine to that in the Montego Turbo with the Garrett T3 turbo, an intercooler and a close ratio gearbox. Released at the Motor show in October 1988 with very little, if any, promotion from Austin Rover, the MG Maestro Turbo became the 'fastest ever production MG'. It's launch price was £12,999, quite a bit cheaper than the cars mentioned above ! Only 505 cars were made, including press cars, and it's thought that less than half are left on the roads today. So if you seen one, even though you may not think so, you've just witnessed a very rare and fast car !

A Rare Car indeed

pic 2

anyway going off topic, me thinks

Hi

I know for sure we're on different engines, 1Gfe and 2jz

Your IS300 2jZ is bigger than our 1Gfe, SO your exhaust spacing is probably going to be further apart. I would recommend NOT to do it.

Very different engines. One based on the 2JZ series and the other on the old 1G-F series.

Here is a picture of the 2 different cylinder blocks. The one on left is the 2JZ (is300) and the other one is 1G (is200)