Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Portable Gps

Mike246

I bought a new Hewlett Packard iPAQ, the 4350 with Bluetooth, WiFi and an dinky integral keyboard. I have satnav on the GS but drive other cars and easily get lost.

I was all ready to get the Navman 4410 GPA which connects to the iPAQ via Bluetooth. Today's PC Pro reckons that the TomTom 3 does the same job better although more expensive.

Can anyone make a recommendation for ease of programming and entertaining route display?

Guys, are those of you running TomTom3 doing so with wired GPS? My Bluetooth GPS is dropping the connection all the time (if it can even find it) and I'm going back to TT2 as soon as I can find the disk :(

I'm using TT3 bluetooth and I haven't had a single dropped connection (with an iPAQ 4150). I think its a great bit of kit and much better than Navman. I did hear there were some issues using TT3 on a iPAQ 2210. Is that what you've got?

ditto, no issues..

if your running the 2210, you need to download 3.02 from the website..

TT V3.02 won't fix the Bluetooth dropouts with 2210's. Temporary fix is to disable POI's (TomTom advice). I fixed mine by moving the maps from SD card to CF card - seems to be an issue with memory bandwidth on SD cards in 2210.

BTW V3.03 (& 3.04traffic) were released yesterday.