Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Ride Height

Just upgraded to an IS200 sport and wondering how much lower it is than the S or SE?

Its gutting but i have to say i am going back to lexus tomorrow to see if I can replace the car, as I have issues with the pavement and ride height for getting out of the garage.

Lexus should replace the car shouldnt they?

Too bad, since everyone else here thinks it deserves lowering ;)

The Sport is 15mm lower than the standard version. But it has some other benefits/goodies, like the limited slip differential, sport trim and tinted rear side windows. Moneywise it's worth more than the standard version, so exchanging a Sport for a Standard shouldn't be too hard.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Only picked the sport up on tuesday night.. Had the standard S before so looks like the SE then for me...

You wouldnt realise the extra 15mm would make that much difference.

Its either the Lex or a new house!

Far better to have a Sport on your forecourt than a SE surely.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd change the house.....

Man...that is strange to hear!! I along with many others here feel that the IS range sits very high in terms of ride height.....before fitting my coilovers I found that a homeless guy had taken up residence in the gap between the rear tyre and wheel arch on my car... :lol::lol:

No seriously, you must be trying to scale some monster curbs man....since having my SE put down at least 40mm on the coilovers, I haven't had a single problem getting up or down any drive/curb/speed bump/or dip...etc. Even had me and three mates in the car yesterday...the exhaust made a very tiny amount of contact with a monster speed bump at one point...other than that the car was fine on every other road surface I came in contact with!!

Man...that is strange to hear!! I along with many others here feel that the IS range sits very high in terms of ride height.....before fitting my coilovers I found that a homeless guy had taken up residence in the gap between the rear tyre and wheel arch on my car... :lol::lol:

And still can after i saw it on Saturday..so much room you could rent it out :P

Problem is the angle of my drive and the pavement etc it just catches the catalystic cover.

Didnt have any problems with the IS200 S just with the Sport..

Anyway test driving an SE tomorrow.. got a 52 plate with only 9k on the clock lined up if its ok.

Might have to then look into the rear spoiler, tints and a sports grill.

Just upgraded to an IS200 sport and wondering how much lower it is than the S or SE?

Its gutting but i have to say i am going back to lexus tomorrow to see if I can replace the car, as I have issues with the pavement and ride height for getting out of the garage.

Lexus should replace the car shouldnt they?

the difference with the suspension is as follows,the sport model is 10 mm lower than the se and s before late 2001,after that the sport was lowered an extra 5 mm,hence 15 mm lower, :)

Could you not swap the springs for some S/SE ones? The shocks are the same in all IS200's, just the springs are different. Should be lots of people here with the S/SE who have fitted lowering springs, coilovers etc. and have the old springs laying around :whistling:

There would probably be people who would swap your springs for their S/SE to make their car lower.

Its seems a shame that you will miss out on having the Sport because of this :crybaby: