Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

Just a quick question with regards to insurance i am 24 and getting a IS200 (possibly a SE or sport) i have been given a quote of £1500 fully comp (on the SE) with my wife on the policy the quote is with tesco as i have no car no claims (i knew i should have not gone on my dads for all that time) and they will recognise my 2 years bike no claims. what do you recon on this? can you recomend any one else, possibly another company that will recongnise bike no claims?

Thanks

cheers for all the sugestions.

Up to now elephant has been by far the best at a few pounds over £1000 which i was very inpressed with.

do you think i will save money if i go gold, for insurane as i think that price is VERY good as most quotes where over £2000

That would be a big help, if someone could give me a idea if i could get a better quote that what i have had if i went gold, i will go gold eventually but as i only joined this forum today i want to know if it is worth it.

have you tried tesco or egg mate? they always seem to be the cheapest in my experience.. some people recommend Direct line too.

Oh, and If you do buy a Lex... Go Gold, seriously, the discounts are incredible!! i don't know how they do it :D

Can't guarantee you'll save money on insurance through Gold, but most people have made good savings. Really depends on individual circumstances.

You shouldn't make this the basis of whether you go Gold as it can't be 100% guaranteed, but you will definitely benefit through discounts on servicing and parts, group buy offers, discounts on theme parks/attraction, etc etc. Best of all you'll be actively supporting the Club.

Personally I've found Gold worth it and have benefitted previously from better insurance quotes via the Club.

Move out of merseyside!!! My insurance went up £150 just for moving here.

Try Lexus own insurance, they were £300 cheaper than the nearest competitor.

But if your gonna mod then they don't take too kindly.

Think mine is touching about £1k - 26 with 4 years NCB.

Got a letter from MBNA today saying they've started doing car insurnace and reckon they're cheaper than Direct Line so I might give them a bell to see what the crack is.

Read the small print carefully with the new up and coming insurance companies, you get a fantastic quote BUT they give you a booster policy which runs 10 months instead of 12 and when you go to move on the new insurance company will NOT accept this as a years no claims! This is something Elephant defo do... Almost fell for it myself, until my nephew who works in insurance, warned me about it. :ph34r:

I am paying £500 full comp through Tescos, am 28, only been driving cars 3 years, but I think Tesco took into account I have full no claims (touch wood) on a bike, since I was 16. :winky:

Carole Nash the motorcycle insurance group, are now doing cars I believe and rumour has it she is going to be offering joint car and bike insurance, give her a buzz mate, I know I will be come my renewal. :zee:

Seriously mate, i no everyone goes on about different companies but i strongly suggest you give www.axa.co.uk a shot. Saved me over £600 on the next cheapest quote and like yourself i tried everyone.

yer i very nearly fell for the 10month policy with elephant but i knew something was wrong when the price was under £900 (which i am paying on a megane coupe) but when i phoned they told me about the 10 month thing, but the price of £1070 is for the full 12 months.

THANKS for all the help i will be phoneing the other companys today and i will let you know the prices.

UPDATE

AXA will not quote for my beacuse i want my wife on the policy and she has only just passed her test (they require that all drivers have held a licence for 2 years or more)

First Alternative

on the sport IS 200 £1377 which is not bad the second best quote i have had up to now but still £300 of the mark am going to give lexux a call now

cheers Mr Singh i have just got a quote of admiral of £1081 on the sport just £6 more expensive than elephant and as i think admiral have been around longer i think i will be going with them cheers again

They are part of the same group.

However wait a few days and see if they ring you. Say you are still getting quotes and they may knock some more money off if you go with them there and then. Happened to me this week, saved an extra £45 :)