Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I couldn't find anything out on the Lexus web site other than the basics:

• Anti-theft protected 9 speaker, 3 wave-band radio and Dolby stereo cassette system.
  • Compact disc player with remote 12 disc CD autochanger.
  • Radio features automatic height adjustment aerial, one-touch tuning with 18 presets and full network scanning facility including RDS.

But what I'd like to know are the real details: brand, power output of the speakers and sub, impedance, what size is the sub (8/10/12"?) etc.

I look forward to your replies.

Sorry to sound a bit daft but I can't work out where the 9th speaker is. Assuming 2 tweaker's near mirror, one in each door, one on parcel shelf and one on dash where is the ninth?

I've wondered this myself?

Don't believe it's true. They're only a 7 speaker from what I can make out. That one on the dash i'm not sure about... seems like the grill is there but only used on maybe aristo's? I had this conversation with Paul not so long back.

However, it's a Pioneer Head Unit, Pioneer amp in the boot under the disk changer and a horrible Fujitsu disk changer. I believe they are unusual two ohm impedance speakers so i've heard. The antenna does adjust but only two stepped positions. Essentially it's longer for one end of the FM waveband than the other (so kinda self tuning).

That's all I know, and that's repeating what others have said!

B)

...and a horrible Fujitsu disk changer.

Does anyway know if there are any after market CD changers that are compatible with the stock headunit?

I'm interested in upgrading to a changer that can decode MP3s along with regular CDs if it's possible, but I don't really want to install different audio throughout the car.

Has anyone actually heard sound out of that dashboard speaker though??

And regarding the disk changer, I was trying to find this out not so long back. Fancied replacing mine too, cause it went faulty.

I even tried contacting fujitsu...

B)

The dash board speaker does work as my aristo stock head unit has surround sound on it.

To be honest I've never heard any sound emit from the dash speaker on a UK car, I can notice the front tweets, but the sheet that Mudzs is referring to is for the UK spec model.

I wonder if the dash speaker is actually two directional speakers, one pointing left and one right, as opposed to one speaker. That would make nine then. :winky:

but the sheet that Mudzs is referring to is for the UK spec model

doesn't mean anything. They make so many mistakes with their spec sheets/web site. Probably just copied the J spec and forgot that speaker wasn't there :ohmy:

but the sheet that Mudzs is referring to is for the UK spec model

doesn't mean anything. They make so many mistakes with their spec sheets/web site. Probably just copied the J spec and forgot that speaker wasn't there :ohmy:

Lazy :tsktsk: s! :winky:

Out of curiosity where would the ninth speaker be anyway?