Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Suspensionbush

djjs

hi guys the bushing at the rear of my ls 400 i think its a stay bar from the rear wheel to the body work by the rear hub :blink: has worn and every time i brake its causing a thumping soundany idea were i can buy one from aprt from lexus garage

Please clarify. Is it the sway bar bushing you need? Or a new rear hub?

The sway bar (anti roll bar) bushing is quite cheap to buy, but the rear hub will cost you a small fortune, as Lexus don't sell the bush inside separately.

Look on www.oemwholesale.com - they are very cheap.

Thanks for that website maneesh.I need a new power steering pump and for a extra £50 I can get a oem as to a refurb.The upper control arms (rear) are cheap.Cheaper than Sewell Texas I think who I have used in the past.

I am not paying the rip off prices Lexus want for parts in this country.

Hi guys,the rear control arm bush went on my car about 6 months ago lexus norwich quoted me £137/side for a hub as "they dont do just the bushes" .Being the bloody clever chap i am i went to my local motor factor shop and bought similar bush modded it myself and refitted to the old hub while it was still on the car :).lexus would have charged me about £500 for the same thing,the car now drives like new

i have all the kit to mod them at work i own an engineering business i had to make a few tools to help with the job but it was still very very worth my while :) as i didnt have to strip the rear end as that is a major job in its self

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, i got a lexus LS400 and had the same problem as you all did, found the OEM ones you mentioned maneesh, but i love tacking my lexus round the track and found polyurethane bushes for various lexus's on eBay. Got the rear trailing arm hub bush for around £45 with stainless inserts!! bargain.. Made a big difference on cornering, found that front bush on rear arm is under development. Cant waite.. Front upper inner arm bushes - Around £85 will be my next purchase as dont want WHOLE arm and ball joint and bushes in one item only say lexus.. , Hope this is some use to someone.

• 3 months later...
You could have got the bushes from the USA very cheap and they would have been the correct ones.

If you look in the forums or ask you will find where to purchase these from.

Hi, could you please give the site as i have the same problem lexus say hub only.

Thanks

Steve