Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Honda Accord Type R

A chap I work with had one... The VTEC engine is a screamer, but the handling isn't up to IS standards with all that torque steer and wheelspin...

Plus it looks a bit dated compared to the IS and the new Accord. Stick with the 'Tezza mate I reckon! :)

I've test driven one and really liked it BUT it is a whole different drive to the Lexus. Performance is good, front wheel drive meant a few wheelspins (oops!) but look and feel is more basic. Good car for the money though and ultimately that goes some way to explain the price differences. Depends what you're after really.

B) ...Honda best engines? Best SMALLER engines, you should say! The Lexus 4 litre is very highly rated as excellent!

You can't defeat the laws of physics though. If an engine revs higher, it is wearing more! You don't get owt fer nowt!

I reckon the IS by nature of it's exclusivity just carries this argument.

yep i would definantly take either one of the Accord Type R or the Civic Type R, both of these are fast and fun...

The Lex is just to chill and cruise about in and leave people puzzled with sleek looks of the car

17 million VTEC engines without a failure being reported on the VTEC bit. Speaks volumes about how good they are.

I test drove the Type-R this weekend (must admit I am considering selling the IS) and its stunning. You get near M3 performance for 40% of the price.

Ive had a few pevious Hondas and they are solid motors cant fault them at all - never let me down except once my timing belt went on the prelude -- had a feeling it was timing belt becuase of the way it cut out, so didnt sit there trying to start it :excl: - AA confirmed this when they came -- once in the garage mechanic said the valves were perfect - no damage at all :D :D :D :D i was damm lucky :winky:

Ive had a few pevious Hondas and they are solid motors cant fault them at all - never let me down except once my timing belt went on the prelude -- had a feeling it was timing belt becuase of the way it cut out, so didnt sit there trying to start it :excl: - AA confirmed this when they came -- once in the garage mechanic said the valves were perfect - no damage at all :D :D :D :D i was damm lucky :winky:

The hondas, especially the Type-R's and the preludes have some sort of stopping mechansim when the Timing Belt snaps, it prevents the valves from getting damaged..

Does anyone know if the IS has anything similar to this?

I had a preludevtec, very quick especially when the vtec kicks in....but the handling was very poor, if it was wet or wind the car felt like a lead being tossed around in the wind :ohmy: ...styling was excellent though.

Those that know me here know i had a IS200 Sport while missus has a Civic Type-R. CTR is a fantastic car for flying around and having tonnes of fun. The IS Sportis fun but a different kind. It works a treat for a relaxing drive as well as fun when you put the foot down :whistling:

Depends what your looking for really . Do you want full on vtec madness all the time or the comfort of your Lexus plus its performance when you're pushing 4K revs :question:

I've been driving CTR + 225bhp Audi TT for a month now and I still miss my IS Sport.