Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi - just noticed a little leak coming in thru the front passenger door mounted tweeter speaker (the small corner speaker near the window). Anyone had this problem and found a cure ? Looked at the door seal, and don't think it's coming in their, so my best guess at the mo is that the water is coming in at the wing mirror. Car is a MkIV. Thanks for any help.

there is a seal between the mirrror and the door.o get at it you need to remove three screws, one in the side window vent hole, one behind the tweeter(clips off), and one behind the door seal.

Check the condition of the seal, if it's not damaged, cover it in vaseline and replace it.

It should stop your leak

good luck

Stew ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar prob on my mark IV, the prob wasn't the door mirror but the window seal on the door. this was letting water through on to the plastic door surround which then run down the trim to exit from the tweeter. the interior trim needs removing to access the seal securing bolts. once these have been removed the seal can be removed. it apears that a non setting mastic was used at the factory. once this was cleaned off and replaced everything was fine. watch the securing clips for the interior trim they break easy.

had the same prob on both doors. tried the door mirrors but they still leaked. took all the door trims off and sat inside while the car was sprayed with a hose. just a matter of following the water after that.