Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

An Easy Job.....

petejenkin

I set about changing my spark-plugs last night. Simple Job, total time should take no more than 30 mins right ????

NO

1st Problem, when I removed the airbox and top cover, I noticed that the very back coil pack retaining bolt was VERY corroded. Not to worry, a bit of WD...... The damn thing was well and truly ceased, and when I excerted only moderate force, it sheared :sick:

I had to drill and use an easy-out, then retap the damm hole - Total time so far - 1 hour.

Ok, I changed the rest of the plugs, no probs so far.

I reassembled the air box, job done.

NO

The car would only turn-over once and then stall :sick:

removed air box and top cover again

car still not starting

fiddled around with the inginition harness, got it to start, stripped every connection off again and cleaned the connections, reassembled and vioala, the car starts, excellent

NO

My engine warning light was on, and the TRC OFF light was flashing !!

more fiddling and head scratching again for another hour, lots of swearing and panicking, fiddled again with every sensor and wire there is, reassembled,

Excellent, everything is fine this time.

Total time taken 2 3/4 hours.......

The trouble is, I still dont know what the problem was, has this happenned to any of you guys at all? I dont want this happening when Im away from home somewhere.

If you produce an error and clear the fault it will take 3 ignition/engine start cycles for the engine check light to go out.

The fault codes should still be stored in the ECU so if you attach a reader you should have more of an idea of what was causing the problem.

bloody Halfords :tsktsk: i went and got some plugs for my motor on saturday, spoke to a young lad about which one's i needed because they were not listed in the book. after a few huffs and puffs later( just before closing time) he sorted me out. so i went home with my plugs in my bag. so i have removed the air filter and other bits and bobs, come to fit these plugs (bosch super 4S) and he only gave me a pack of four. so after a bit of cursing, i have just been back to Halfords to get 2 more. the bloke behind the counter says sorry sir we only supply these in packs of 4 . so you will have to buy them, another £20.00 :angry: . so £40.00 worth of bloody plugs and 2 spare.