Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had An Accident..

Scorpion

Steve,

In reply to your questions mate, I have some Legal information for you. (don't ask me how i know, that would be telling what i do for a living! lol)

:offtopic: Obvious notification of occupation intended! LOL. And with that forum name, you work in LONDON then?!

think you're the third one of us lot on here now.

North West london myself

Scorpion, happened to me a couple years ago, got a letter from insurance saying that they are happy to arrange repair of my car if I ring them up!

I thought what's going on, rang up and they said they thought I had been in an accident as someone had try to claim against me.

You are right - all it needs is the reg and someone can claim, it was a pain but the 3rd party admitted they were in error in the end as they had the wrong reg.

Insurance would love to take away NCD as they could then charge you more money for your next premium, I don't trust any of them, good luck sorting them out!

Steve,

In reply to your questions mate, I have some Legal information for you. (don't ask me how i know, that would be telling what i do for a living! lol)

:offtopic: Obvious notification of occupation intended! LOL. And with that forum name, you work in LONDON then?!

North West london myself

:shifty: ...im feeling uncomfortable

Steve,

North West london myself

:shifty: ...im feeling uncomfortable

And you should be :D :D :D :D :D

I hope you get this sorted out asap Pete, but it does bring up the worrying fact that this can happen to any of us, since we pay the insurance company lots of money to have our car insured, surely they should be on our side, but it doesnt look like that is the case, :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Not using a DL tax disc holder are you ?

Depending on what they say I would go down the local plod shop, tell them what has happened and ask them to give your car the visual once over just to confirm the absence of damage.

You should also tell DL that they do not have your permission to proceed any further without your express permission as it appears there may be another Lexy out there with your number on it.

Exactly the same thing happend to me about 6 months ago. The first i new of it was when I was phoned up by my local police station requesting i attend a formal interview in regards to a road traffic accident which i was apparantly involved in. When i was being interviewed i was told that if found guilty i would be charged with driving with undue care and attention, failing to report an accident and leaving the scene of an accident which when all added together would have left me banned. Even though i was new i was not involved in any way i was pretty worried and stressed out. 2 Police interviews a thorough check of my car which was totally unmarked , countless phone calls and even threat of an i.d parade, which i happily agreed to do, only for the police to back down and tell me the crown prosecution service would not be prepared to prosecute due to lack of evidence. All this took between 2/3 months. Dont no if this makes you feel better or worse but the bottom line is if you didnt do it i would say dont worry about it. Your car will not be marked and the CPS will not waste court time and money if there is no evidence to the contary.