Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drift Competition @ Silverstone 17th July

Monster-Mat

Hi Peeps, i received this Email from Kiki from OPT Drift Club, can you list your names if you want to go, he needs to know numbers fairly quick

mat

Opt Drift Club is holding the D1 round 3 Competition at Silverstone

Race circuit on 17th July. We would like to invite you to bring along a

maximum of 20 cars to set up a free display stand to promote your club

(any extra cars will have to park in the main car park).

All the owners of the cars displayed on your stand will be offered 50%

discount to spectate at the event.

There will be awards presented to those cars in the stands that are

ท The best looking car

ท The most highly engineered car

ท The cleanest car (including suspension and the engine bay)

Regards,

Kiki

OPT Drift Club

i bloomin wish i could go to this...................as Drifting is something i want to get into

and would have been nice to have either the race car or the MONSTER at the show and shine :shutit:

This sounds like a fantastic meet Mat...

I'd be interested.

I gather everyone had footie fever tonight, so lack of replies probally..

Why don't you keep this running through the weekend and see on the replies and decide on Monday.

i have decided to keep this running for now.

we will need a decent turn out .........if we are representing the club.

so far we have

norkep

scorpion

Dave Ellen

steveAX

darkis200

jac

starletsy (TOC)

Bibbs (TOC)

Ryan (TOC)

Jaxx (TOC)

FineCactus (TOC)

Nizan (TOC)

JerryPhipps (TOC)

more info, including the timings.................

The Event is on the 17th of July and runs from 9am till 5pm. Im also told that their will be 3 awards given out to the cars on Display aswell.

They are:

1. Ultimate engineer- The car has been intelligently designed by the owner or tuner, for example this may be the cooling system or the engine position. Really anything that shows time, effort and intelligence in its development, function over form!

2. Ultimate shine- The car may be completely standard but has clean interior and exterior including suspension, engine bay, wheels, exhaust, wheel arches and underneath the car.. Your common or garden "concourse" vehicle!

3. Top tuning- This is basically the best lookng car i.e. nicest wheels, how the car sits, how the engine bay looks, how the interior looks and the look of the complete body shell.

Basically, the main event is the UKD1 action out on track but as a side show for the spectators, to improve value for money (although its a great day out, the drifting is really fun to watch these days with some crazy stuff going down!) and attract more interest to help Option further improve the Drift Events for everyone! I would prefere it if interested parties would post here, with a few car details etc and then convene with a Club Representative who i will then forward onto Option (id rather it just be an E-mail from a single representative as Option are busy and it wouldnt help to have a hundred random emails being sent in, rather than just one) for further details on the Club Stand and how it will be organised!

so who wishes to be the club rep, for this, as i wont be around to go :crybaby:

• 2 weeks later...

I now cannot make it as was down for working sat 24th and had to swap saturdays so I can go to JAE .. wish i could do both so i will have to give this a miss now.. shame as i think it should be good fun and i am supprised more people are not going...

craig

Sorry cant make this now as i have to take my son to pick his car up,was hoping to pick it up last week but after a few misunderstandings it has to be on Sat :angry: so have a great time,those that are going and i'll see you all at JAE.