Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex-uk Latest Offer

Dave-Ellen

OK,

30mm drop Prolex-UK labelled uprated springs will shortly be available.

Price to be £120 plus P&P (UK P&P !!)

I can source 40mm drop springs for a similiar price but need a order of 30 :blush: as they will need to be specially made.

Please email me at

prolexuk AT aol DOT com if you are interested

Dave

fancy a few ?

Maybe, depends on who the manufacturer is and who's done the r&d. A spring ain't just a spring :D

Is that the same as a shock Mark.

Who did the R&D on my Tein kit then as the noise is unacceptable and NOT mentioned to me when I purchased... Still not been sorted mind you... :whistling:

Who did the R&D on my Tein kit then as the noise is unacceptable and NOT mentioned to me when I purchased... Still not been sorted mind you... :whistling:

Tein spend a lot of time and money on r&d on their products. There is a number of cheap spring kits available for the is200 that have had no r&d that we do not like and hence would not sell them. If Dave can organise a good set of springs cheaply we will support that.

My offer is still open to take a look at your suspension even though we didn't fit it. Please let me know :)

Who did the R&D on my Tein kit then as the noise is unacceptable and NOT mentioned to me when I purchased... Still not been sorted mind you...  :whistling:

Tein spend a lot of time and money on r&d on their products. There is a number of cheap spring kits available for the is200 that have had no r&d that we do not like and hence would not sell them. If Dave can organise a good set of springs cheaply we will support that.

My offer is still open to take a look at your suspension even though we didn't fit it. Please let me know :)

mark

but is there any solutions for the tein kit ?

what is the problem ?

what have tein said ?

might have to get a bigger amp soon , coz its getting louder ;)

mark

what is the problem ?

what have tein said ?

If you mean the sound that comes from the top mounts, that is a characteristic of this type of suspension which has spherical bearings. The Tein CS kit has rubber insulated top mounts as part of the suspension system so do does not have this sound. FYI rubber mounts are orientated for comfort and spherical mounts are more for performance :)

mark

what is the problem ?

what have tein said ?

If you mean the sound that comes from the top mounts, that is a characteristic of this type of suspension which has spherical bearings. The Tein CS kit has rubber insulated top mounts as part of the suspension system so do does not have this sound. FYI rubber mounts are orientated for comfort and spherical mounts are more for performance :)

are you saying that the CS mounts could be fitted in place ??

do the hks ones make the noise ?

or even tte ones ?

why cant i have performance and comfort :P

are you saying that the CS mounts could be fitted in place ??

do the hks ones make the noise ?

or even tte ones ?

why cant i have performance and comfort :P

I don't know if the top mounts are interchangeable but will find out.

The HKS and the other Tein systems with solid spherical bearing top mounts all make a noise - that's the nature of the beast.

The TTE system retains the standard top mounts.

The Tein NA was the cheapest in the line up and have now been discontinued and replaced by the Tein Basic Damper kit which retains the standard top mounts but offers the Tein top mounts as an option.

Mark...

Sorry for the incorrect wording, not trying to have a dig or anything.

I really appreciate the offer to look at my Tein setup although it was NOT fitted at TDi. Instead my Tein kit was fitted by a tuning company based in Aldershot who constantly tune and modify Ferrari's and Prosche's on a daily basis including for tracks and racing.

You state that the Tein setup I have is of cheap quality, almost aiming at the fact that "you get what you pay for" funny enough though.... I also read and hear others with the same knocking noise on the more expensive Tein kits like the Flex with EDFC.

It's now probally become more apparant that the noise is caused like you describe from the top mounts.... Sounds strange, as it seems people who pay more for their kits to get the knocking noise then? As you quote the NA kit now has been replaced by a more cheaper BASIC kit and other manufacturers also offer cheaper kits using oem top mounts..

I would just like to say though....I chose my Tein NA kit solely based on the facts that it had more settings then the TTE kit in comparison.

However I would also like to point out that it was within my budget at the time as I felt it un-justifiable to spend any more then I had for a decent replacement suspension kit at the time. Nethertheless, If I had spent £2,000 at the time for a far more superior kit I would have had the same noise.

It seems in a way, you have deemed me for spending too little on my suspension kit therefore the noise is apparent. This sounds unfair, as you know... I could have spent a far lot more that day but just did'nt want to.

The truth of the fact is.. I still have the noise and it will be unsolveable untill you find out whether the new basic Tein top mounts would fit our NA kits therefore it seems that you knew about the noise as a wiser and more knowledgeable man then I, when I purchased my kit. :winky:

Hi Steve, not having heard your car I don't know whether the noise you have is normal or not.

My point was that I have offered to do an inspection on your car even though we didn't install it, not trying to infer that it hasn't been fitted properly. What you have may be normal or it may not be.

I hope I didn't sugest that the Tein NA was cheap, but that it was the cheapest in their line up. Even the most expensive systems from Tein and HKS etc are noisy if fitted with solid top mounts because that is the nature of the beast, but as I said, I can't comment on yours because I haven't heard it.

Even though we did not necessarily recommend this system to you, we did supply them and have taken on board that you are less than happy, so have been working on a possible solution for you.

We have learned a lesson in that what is obvious to us and many other people may not necessarily be obvious to everyone, so we will endeavour to point out any potential downsides to enquiries on products.

Mark,

-30mm all tested etc............on a UK car right now :ph34r:  :whistling:

not the -40mms though...........need to think about that one :whistling:

fancy a few ?

Any more feedback yet on the -30mm springs. Has the testing finished?

Pete U have a PM :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links