Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TA returns to Tuner

Sometimes when I'm listening to a CD and a traffic announcement cuts in it returns to preset 1 on VHF instead of the CD. Anyone else get this? Am I doing something wrong or is this a warranty issue....

Is the fact that they haven't turned the RDS off? Radio Stoke are forever doing it. So i have to disable the traffic report button, and keep checking every few minutes. Wouldn't be so bad but I dont even live in Stoke!

Otherwise it sounds like a warranty jobby.

I don't get this problem.

Does it do it by itself (when the TA has finished) or are you pressing a button to shut it up?

I push CD to kill the Traffic Announcement if I'm not interested in it and it cuts straight back to the CD.

At the start and end of the rds signal it beeps - its after the end beep that it goes back to the tuner instead of the CD so I don't think its the radio station at fault. ok so bbc berkshire do sometimes leave the signal and talk about all sorts of inane stuff but in this case it beeps and goes to radio 1. I think I've got a prob - i'll talk to the lexus boys. Perhaps it's a known fault with the stereo in the S - I think it's different to the one in the SE/Sport.

You know what they say- if in doubt read the instructions! So I will have a look at the book, I know that if i'm listening to Telford Radio which is non RDS it sometimes switches to Radio 1 or an RDS station depending on which of the TA-TP buttons is pressed. Don't fully understand mine yet, i'll let you know. ------ Had a good read of the manual--it should revert back to the CD player .

[Edited on 11-1-2002 by Wallace]