Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Milage

Further to another post should i be worried about the milage of the IS200 if it has full service history there are two cars that i have seen in the autotrader form a local garage to me what do u guys think

Lexus is200 SE Navigator 2000 w reg 90,000 black sat nav 1 owner FSH £8995 Imaculate

Lexus is200 sport 01 y reg 86 platiunim ice FSH imaculate £9995

What do u guys think of these two cars ????

Just to say to you all this forum has been VERY helpful and i would like to say a big thanks you for all you help.

Don't worry about the milage mate... Its a hard choice... Do you think you'd use/like the Satnav? or be fussed over having the Sport?

If it was me having two cars so near price etc. I'd go for which one has better service records, paint work, wheels, windscreen etc.

Cheers Whitie, i know what u mean about the sta nav, i had it in a A4 that i had and was more of a gimik thing but the ladys loved it :winky: only joking.

I would like to eventually to a nice install of some screens so i supose that the one with sat nav if they where bothe equally as good would just edge it.

I'd go for the sport, but then the IS does look good in black...

Drive them both from cold. as you don't want to find one has a really notchy 1st-2nd gear. I'd go for the sport...na SE....na sport :lol:

Maybe a good bet to pay £50 for someone to come out and check them over.

I enquired about this the otherday.

RAC want £206 quid to do a check, including HPI

AA want £170 to do a check, including HPI.

Use the RAC if anyone, as they're who Lexus use when buying 2nd hand cars.

Some one had a car i was selling AA checked once, a comlete waste of money and time, any monkey can say if the brake pads are low and the exhaust nocks!

Oh missed its from a Lexus Dealer :blush:

Got my car through work so maybe someone else can give more detail on the warranty you'll get.

But i'd say if its through lexus you'd have no worries. Def drive it from cold though! Check the wheels and if they have any corrosion get them changed as part of the deal. And remember to look out for things that won't be covered (bought as seen) interior quality etc

no sorry whitie its not though a lexus dealer just a pretty big garage around where i live.

£206 is a lot of money but i suppose it is worth it in the long run, does anyone know what sort or resonse i will get if i get the rac to turn up at a garage and do the check, also any one got any experiance of the rac check is it worth, how long it takes etc

no sorry whitie its not though a lexus dealer just a pretty big garage around where i live.

£206 is a lot of money but i suppose it is worth it in the long run, does anyone know what sort or resonse i will get if i get the rac to turn up at a garage and do the check, also any one got any experiance of the rac check is it worth, how long it takes etc

You talking about carcraft or switch car?

yeah definitely a good idea to get the car checked thoroughly if not from a lexus dealer. just ask them whether its ok to have the car checked, if they try to say no, you know they've got something to hide ;)

Cheers Whitie, i know what u mean about the sta nav, i had it in a A4 that i had and was more of a gimik thing but the ladys loved it :winky: only joking.

I would like to eventually to a nice install of some screens so i supose that the one with sat nav if they where bothe equally as good would just edge it.

Gimmick? It's a *** send!

To be honest mate, i no the milage shouldnt matter if the car has been well maintained, but you will have to be prepared to take a big loss on resale. The fact is high milage does put people off and will make the vehicle less desirable, especially when you have put another 15-20 thousand on the clock. Unless you plan on keeping the car for a few years and dont mind the value dropping, i would probably advise looking for a model with average mileage.

The fact is high milage does put people off

Not putting Wilo off. My one has done 60k on an x plate, and if your car looks nice and has been well lookd after there's always someone who will buy it.

A previous I had (calibra) had 115k on the clock, 6 owners. Had no problems with it for 3yrs, and went with in the first week of me selling it.

60k on an X is still nearly 30k less than the Y reg which wilo is looking at and is also 1 year newer. I am not trying to turn him off, but from experience i have fallen into the same trap. I fell in love and purchased a high mileage calibra a few years back, by the time i sold it it had 110,000 on the clock. All i can say is you must have been very lucky with yours mate because i had to almost give it away, mechanically and cosmetically the car was in excellent condition. Promised i would never make the same mistake again.

Hi Wilo,

Nah not the same, but I've gone for a high mileage car, doesnt bother me at all as long as its got a full service history and looks and runs ok... I do a lot of motorway miles anyways so it'd have a lot on after a year or so anyways... got a really nice strathcaron blue is200se with oakham leather that I cant wait to pick up.... I intend to keep the car for a good few years so by then the mileage wont bother me when I sell it on or more likely trade it. Also read somewhere dont know if it was here or not but lower mileage cars tend to be used on short journeys which dont run the car in enough and knacker the clutch and exhaust, and also tend to have car park and supermarket trolley war wounds, I'd rather have the higher miles knowing its been at a nice constant speed and looked after.

Pam

I am in a similar situation.

Well loved for immaculate astral black IS200 V reg, with 80k on the clock. x3 weekly polishes!

I love the car much but am not sure if it is time to part ex with some of the lexus dealers for a SE auto (hate North London traffic)or sell private or keep it till it breaks down?

What is the hit on the resale?