Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Cd Player Err

I have a Mk1 GS300 Sport with the standard 12-disc changer. Whenever I try to access the CD Player the display jus comes up with "Err". The CDs seem to load OK from the caddy, but I get the error regardless of how many CDs are in there, or which positions in the deck are full or empty.

Any ideas what could cause this? If it is the autochanger, is it possible to fit another unit (different make) in its place but retain the other excellent components of the stereo?

Or I can record them all onto cassette ;)

One did play a few days ago but it was Robbie Williams so no use at all. Even that one won't play now.

Is your boot damp. mine used to play up, sometimes would lock up for days or say disc error and sometimes would not even eject. this was caused by the boot leaking on the boot seal, only a small dribble but use to slowly fill the spare wheel hole up over time. just put a new boot seal on £50 from main dealer dried the boot out and took cd player indoors in the warm for a couple of days and now it seems to be ok. only ever done it once since when it was realy cold in the middle of winter. They just dont like the cold and damp.

hope this helps

Rob

i recommend the windom es300 6 disc pioneer made changer cdx-m9071zbmas replacement .i recommend the 94 to 96 years. the 6 disc are 3rd generatrion pioneer instead of first generation fujitsu who made 12 disc gs changer and also the notouios indash is300 changer. fujitsu hant gotten the gist of making cd changers even untill thew present. pioneer changers were already 3rd generation by 1992 and they worked out all the problems and vcan evewn play cdrs well.

• 4 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links