Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So Tell Me About Gold Membership

chips229

Hi all,

First off im the club secretary for the South West area of the Autobahnstormers and have been for years.

For the £20 per year membership to the club im in you get..

A Club magazine sent through the post every 3 months.

A members only forum.

Direct contact with phone numbers to speak to all people running the club.

Local monthly club meetings around the Country close to where people live.

Events/shows through out the year.

Club Discounts on parts etc etc.

etc,etc maybe more stuff i cant think of right now.

What does this Club have to offer me if i pay my £25 and go gold?

Ive read the join up Gold page on this site about whats offered,left message after message on the voice mail asking to speak to someone about membership and stuff and had no response.Ive sent a PM to Mr Shipley and heard nothing back,wishing to speak to him or someone over the phone about joining this club.

Id like to join this club for more reasons than just discounts on parts.

Is there anyone running things in my area,if not im happy to offer running monthly meetings in the Bristol area,and arranging shows for the club.

I know this club has had the club meeting up at warwick Castle back afew months ago and other area meets,not seen much stuff happening down here in the S/W.

From reading the posts on this forum,people would have come down to the Castle Combe Events thats been on over the last few months,but this club didnt have,or i believe dont have any stands booked this year,so they didnt just want to park up in the normal car parks and attend the shows.

Ive not posted this to stir things up,i just want some feed back about what is club has to offer me for my £25.I think its good that this forum is free to join,and ive learnt and found out alot of stuff about my car on here,so far its not cost me nothing,so your views on joining,going Gold are welcome. :winky:

Gold provides up to 15% on servicing and spares at many Lexus dealers.

Many discounts on motor and non-motor related items/services

Participate in group buys

Advertise items for sale in the Buy & Sell forum

Access to the gold forums.

SUPPORT THE CLUB. Without the money generated by the gold subscriptions this club would not exist.

I don't care about discounts and stuff (or even stickers!). I get a good deal from my local Toyota and do stuff myself anyway!

I just know its not a cheap thing to run a forum, let alone organise all the discounts/meetings/events, and banners, stickers, clothing, bits and pieces ect.!

I believe if someone runs a club or even just a forum for the benefit of the members, then they deserve a bit of credit and a thank-you!

I'm paid up to a few forums now.

And £25 is nothing really is it!!

:) :)

But you dont get personal telephone no's of the committee,....is there a reason why not?

Really frustrates me when i want to talk to someone on a personal level rather than waiting for them to reply by the bloody PM service..does my head in!!!!!

I've been a member for coming up for twelve months, its worth the money to help make sure that this great club keeps going

Thanks to those who keep it running, without it what would we do for several hours everyday!!!!!!!!

I've not been able to get to any events yet :( , but with the help and advice i've recieved, i'm happy to say that i have virtually lost contact with my local garage where I used to be a regular!

The knowledge on this site is worth its weight in GOLD :D

yep I have been a gold member now for some time and I can say i will carry on to be..if only to keep the club going.. and as some of you know i am now part of the team being a discount negotiator.. I am doing this for 2 reasons

1. because I like negotiating with companys.. and I like to think i am good at it..

2. because i want to give something extra back to the club.. even if it is just my free time.. and the cost of a few phone calls..

The info i have gained from this site is amazing and has made me confident in doing things for myself rather than going to a garage.. I also never used to travel further than a 50 miles radius of my house but i have now been to lots of places i would not have done b4 just to meet other members..

all in all you each person has there own reasons and each person gets there own thing out of the club..

craig

and for the princely sum of what???? 7pence a day to go gold....

been to one meet...

Love linking up to the forums of the current car I own of the time.....

And dont care what it costs to do this, whether I get discounts or not, as I know a top site such as this, needs to acumalate admin costs to keep running...

The amount of photos we put up in the gallery must need loads of webspace in itself.

and the club knowledge has been fantastic.

Even if a fee gets a few stickers, always support your car club.

no worries.

Gold is worth every penny believe me!

Joined last year and have saved a fortune since, you'd get access to the private forums and benefit from all the discounts etc that Gold members are privvy too.

Have been to a few of the meets and they're a good laugh - they're not once a month all year round but at this time of year they're every week!

You'd also get the welcome pack which is basically things like a mouse mat, car stickers etc.

I joined as it's one way of showing your appreciation for the site and you can put something back into it all.

I have been a member now for nr 2 yrs.

I first joined to receive the discount on service charges etc, and have more than made the cash back on that alone (group buys are a bonus).

Apart from that i have met some great people through the site, and have been offered sound advice when i have asked a question.

I have only been to 2 meets, but have really enjoyed them.

I only wish i had more time to give a little back to the club.

The voicemail has not been working properly and looking to have a dedicated voice mail line.

We do not offer live calls as we are not a call centre. Also I am going to be dead honest and say that I cannot handle support calls asking how I can fix a wiper on an LS400.. beleive me I do get these questions and these questions are more frequent than asking about gold membership.

However, Email is the most proper way of contacting the committee and that is here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/contact.html

You'll find the correct department on who to contact.

In regards to gold... how many non gold members do you see regularly posting that are NOT gold members?.. not many?. We have very many happy members. But I would also stress that we are not a dealership and we work here for free... so if something is delayed then we would appreciate members understanding why and appreciate that we cannot give customer service like a dealership sometimes... although we try our best.

As for he rest of the benefits I will let the rest of the members endorse why our club is successfull.

Thanks for all your feed back everyone,

Looks like im going Gold then from all the plus comments :)

" We do not offer live calls as we are not a call centre. Also I am going to be dead honest and say that I cannot handle support calls asking how I can fix a wiper on an LS400" Steve said

Steve my wipers are fine mate :D ,the club i was talking about in my 1st post,we dont have a call centre :o :D and we are not a dealership its a club

"Run by Enthusiasts for Enthusiasts",i may get 2 or 3 calls a week and im always happy to here from members.

Not everyone is on "The Net" so being able to phone and speak to someone in the club is useful for them if they cant get internet access.

The Offer is still there with regards to running events down my way,as no one has mentioned anything about that Yet.

Like i said in my 1st post,im not trying to upset anyone i just wanted more info ,i understand how much work it is to keep a club running and the time and effort it takes....Keep Up The Good Work Guys,Who Run The Club..Thanks.

No hard feelings i hope ;) :)

without it what would we do for several hours everyday!!!!!!!!

might actually have to do some work :whistling::whistling::whistling:

so if something is delayed then we would appreciate members understanding why and appreciate that we cannot give customer service like a dealership sometimes... although we try our best.

Steve your all doing a top job mate :winky:

Just wondering... is there a list of which Lexus dealers support the Gold discount scheme (and which don't!)? I used to be a paid-up member of the MR2DC when I had an MR2 but all the Toyota dealers I spoke to didn't recognise the club and wouldn't offer any discount.

Just wondering... is there a list of which Lexus dealers support the Gold discount scheme (and which don't!)? I used to be a paid-up member of the MR2DC when I had an MR2 but all the Toyota dealers I spoke to didn't recognise the club and wouldn't offer any discount.

As Colin has said earlier, there are many dealers up and down the country who are already on our Gold list. B)

The ones that haven't yet participated will be receiving info. regards joining our scheme. We are drawing up some plans which will involve ALL UK dealers and hopefully will get them to join us.

We won't rest until we get them all :ph34r:

Edited by ifraz

Toyota dealers are not always aware.. when we were spreading the word by writing to all the dealers at the time may have known about the club.. but companies move on and new people come in. I have managed to get someone in Toyota and Lexus to inform call centres of our exsistance.. so if a dealer is not aware then they can call the call centre and they then hopefully should be aware.

It is also known for a dealer to suddenly turn blind. But those who have had dealings with us are more than willing to offer.. providing your show your club card.

Thanks for all your feed back everyone,

Looks like im going Gold then from all the plus comments :)

" We do not offer live calls as we are not a call centre. Also I am going to be dead honest and say that I cannot handle support calls asking how I can fix a wiper on an LS400" Steve said

Steve my wipers are fine mate :D ,the club i was talking about in my 1st post,we dont have a call centre :o :D and we are not a dealership its a club

"Run by Enthusiasts for Enthusiasts",i may get 2 or 3 calls a week and im always happy to here from members.

Not everyone is on "The Net" so being able to phone and speak to someone in the club is useful for them if they cant get internet access.

The Offer is still there with regards to running events down my way,as no one has mentioned anything about that Yet.

Like i said in my 1st post,im not trying to upset anyone i just wanted more info ,i understand how much work it is to keep a club running and the time and effort it takes....Keep Up The Good Work Guys,Who Run The Club..Thanks.

No hard feelings i hope ;) :)

No worries mate..

Our only problem is that we cannot cater for non internet users.. the amount of work involved doing this is alot. Yes I intend heading down this route in the next few years but it would have to be the point were I am assigned more hours away from work to work here whithin the club.

These magazine you get from other clubs are based upon many years of these clubs building its membership core... its takes alot of time to start off and organise. I would rather do it nicely that a pile of waste paper. Like the brand it should be perfect!

Like the brand it should be perfect!

Well apart from the prices of the parts :lol: ,even with Gold discount.

At the end of the day its still a Toyota...its written on the windows and the bottom of the doors on my car etc :D :D

Yes there is a full list in Gold. We cannot give out this information to non-gold members.

Hmmm, sorta puts me off joining then. I know Gold is not just about the discounts and it's only 25 quid but I'd need to justify things with the missus - in her eyes if there's no obvious benefit then the money would be better spent on clothes, shoes, hairdo's, taking her out, etc.

Look mate they'll not be happy with me saying this in the public forum but you get discounts on Max Factor when you go gold :P

Seriously though, there will be a dealer you can go to where you can get a discount which won't be too far away and you'd save more than £25 at your next big service.

Other way to find out would be to ring the local dealer and ask them if they do a discount for LOC Gold members - that would be the easiest way to do it and no rules are being broken.

Yes there is a full list in Gold. We cannot give out this information to non-gold members.

Hmmm, sorta puts me off joining then. I know Gold is not just about the discounts and it's only 25 quid but I'd need to justify things with the missus - in her eyes if there's no obvious benefit then the money would be better spent on clothes, shoes, hairdo's, taking her out, etc.

Well i joined up now :unsure: :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links