Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This One Copper Keeps Stoping Me?

Hi guys i keep geting stopped by this one Copper, about my DDEs lights as they are the "light blue DDEs, and he is saying i should not have any BLUE lights on my car as BLUE is only for them to use :angry: f :tsktsk: k me you can just about tell they are blue :tsktsk: :tsktsk: its not as if they are in your face BLUE ;) and he al so say my Reverse lights should not be Blue, my wife went out in the car today and the same copper was walking along the road when he see the car and he stopped here at the T/lights and ask her to pull over to the side of the road , he said to her. i see the this car last night and it had Blue lights on at the front! so then he ask's her to put the lights on! but as it was daytime he could not see that they was blue, he then said to her he was just letting her know that Blue lights are a NO!! NO!! as some cop's will pull you on it and do you for haveing them, f :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: c :tsktsk: t's they are

Is this copper pulling my leg or what guys or do you think he just likes the car but dont want to say B) :lol:

If he is not pulling my leg then how can they still sell the Blue lights,

f :tsktsk: k him thats what i say i am not going to take them of NOW!! they will just have to keep pulling me :ph34r: i can live with that! just ****** me off thats all

He is right though..its against the Law, to have blue lights on a none emergency vehicle.

you really cannot blame him for doing his Job, or at least stating the Law as it stands

id just try and stay out of his way :winky:

check the dvla website it states all about lighting.. and clearly states no othe colour than red (brakes) amber( indicators) white(main and all lights) any other colour should not be visable fron outside of the car..

craig

I know that my main and highbeam are not legal.. for starters they are not eu approved and supposed to be for show only.. but the again mine are a little are not coulour just bright..

gravesends quiet then.

Working in a Trident borough and seeing thousands of cars a day with total gridlock on the roads in the area, I'd be choosy to pick a smart, clean looking car over the MANY more slaggy cars driving about worth stopping.

P I C K Y! But yes, not as the DVLA state should be.

I think my new lights emit a blue glow :P

I know what you are saying guys ;) but come on! is this all they have time for. all my lights do is let of a light Blue glow and thats it :yawn: its the same copper that keeps pulling me over ;) i think he just likes the car :lol: :winky: and thats why he!! keeps on pulling me :D

:driving:

I agree

Take the conversation away from the "tiny" light issue. The worst is that you could probably get a £30 fixed penalty ticket and no points.

But there is only so many times he can warn you without action, then two things are hapening, he either doesnt have any guts to give u a ticket or he is dare I say becoming a bit of an annoying, harassing man.

Anyway, take the conversation away from the lights, let him know how good the car is and that you know a couple of Co*p*rs with them who think they are top cars

Me, Dodgy and MetserveUK and drop that these guys are good blokes, blah, use the gift mate. As I say if he cnt make a decision it is becoming a continual nusiance (shouldnt be here with this, but being fair).

If this copper has a bee in his bonnet about lights I would suggest that he either does something about it or backs off and starts looking for criminals instead of harrasing motorists.

To keep stopping the same vehicle and doing nothing about it other than upsetting the driver with advice he already knows is not on.

I would suggest a trip to the local traffic office and speaking to one of the senior traffic officers or sergeants and get to the bottom of this.

quickest way to get rid of a harrassing officer is to stop him for a moment, get a piece of paper, write down his numbers then ask him for his name. By this point he will be getting a bit worried. dont antagonise him but make it clear that you are recording every time he makes a point of talking to you for no good reason.

He will start to worry about an offical complaint and soon leave you alone.

The police round dartford are just the same, i am always polite, get out of the car b4 they do and greet them at their window with my drivers licence in hand and a smile.

Take their power away from them in a confrontational situation and they will be on the back foot.

good luck

quickest way to get rid of a harrassing officer is to stop him for a moment, get a piece of paper, write down his numbers then ask him for his name. By this point he will be getting a bit worried. dont antagonise him but make it clear that you are recording every time he makes a point of talking to you for no good reason. DOESNT BOTHER ME, have my number

He will start to worry about an offical complaint and soon leave you alone. GOT THREE ALREADY FOR PETTY STUFF, IN LAST FOUR YEARS, COMES WITH TERRITORY....

Take their power away from them in a confrontational situation and they will be on the back foot. PUBLIC ORDER OFFENCES STIL AVAIL.........IF YOU GET TO THAT.

As per my replies in the quote, though, fairs fair, I would deal with you at the time, give you a fixed penatly, or not at all thereafter after the first warning.

Go to his boss if you feel a definite grievance, or ask him if he wants a lexus as I said before, sweet talk him up with the car, he may then become a mate, and turn his eye next time, with a mutual appreciation of the beautiful car you own....

Id liike to think were all still human out of the uniform, and like most males, love being petrol heads and enjoying cars

I know what you are saying guys ;) but come on! is this all they have time for. all my lights do is let of a light Blue glow and thats it :yawn: its the same copper that keeps pulling me over ;) i think he just likes the car :lol: :winky: and thats why he!! keeps on pulling me :D

maybe it's you he likes and not the car :unsure::crybaby::crying: :winky:

I know what you are saying guys  ;)  but come on! is this all they have time for. all my lights do is let of a light Blue glow and thats it  :yawn:  its the same copper that keeps pulling me over  ;)  i think he just likes the car :lol:  :winky: and thats why he!! keeps on pulling me :D

maybe it's you he likes and not the car :unsure::crybaby::crying: :winky:

:sick: f :tsktsk: ing hope not :lol:

Ah, but as stated....

He's not a traffic officer, so that would be too technical for him.

If he's walking the beat, ask him if he's a probationer and how long he's been in the job (I would place a bet on this if he's not in the panda cars) 10 weeks street duties course pounding the beat for most new officers.

HID lights are legal and eu approved as they are fitted as standard on most new cars however the LED or tinted bulbs do usually come with warnings on the packs FOR SHOW USE ONLY

to stop getting hassled keep the empty pack in the car with receipt of purchase and say look mate theres the pack it doesnt say for show use only therefore the purchaser is LED to believe they are street legal , aslong as the indicator bulbs are orange then thats ok you wont be charged with impersonating a police vehicle !!

Hes got it in for you!!!....my side lights are blue/blue and i've sat behind the old b**l in traffic and they have noticed them but not said nothing :)

yea i think he has it for me as well pete as he is the only one that pulls me over the rest of the coppers in gravesend have seen the lights and never stop me :whistling: all the rest do is look at the car with a :D on there face "as if to say nice car mate" well thats what i think they are thinking :lol: B)