Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Had 40k Service At Dealer

:unsure::unsure::unsure: my car has just had its 40k sevice at lexus Teesside

not one for getting ripped off as it cost 315.00. just washed the car as they did not which I thought they would as part of the service as Lexus Leeds do, I thought I would just check if they did what they are soppose to do. They had done the diff brake fluid etc, so I dipped the oil to see if it was under the full mark but to my amazment it is nearly 1cm above the full mark.

I am not a mechanic but know a little bit about cars so me thinks this is not right,

I know not enough oil will do damage and also too much will do damage, is 1cm too much and should I kick **** ?

your veiws are much appreciated :question:

Take it back to the dealer ASAP,and get them to drain some out.

That's very poor workmanship ;) for that sort of money you expect it to be 100%, maybe it was serviced by the workshop apprentice :ohmy: .

Assume the car was on level ground when you checked & that you had not just turned the engine off?

yes it is on level ground and engine is cold as it was serviced this morning.

The dealer is 65 miles away. I went there as family live there so I killed 2 birds with one stone.

:angry: update on overfilling engine oil, me rang the dealer told em me was not

immpressed with them and asked what they were going to do, they just told me to pop it in when I woz passin, :unsure: told em I live 65mile away so it is not practical. Told em lexus leeds is only 25 mile away I will take it there and they can foot the bill, He said ok do that but told him to ring them to tell em y me woz

coming so I didn't look a :tsktsk: . said he would ring me back this woz a 10 this morning, still woz waiting at 3, so rang again was told he would ring me back, guess wot, still waiting. Also the person who did the service didn't bother to put anything to cover my IVORY floor matts, now they got black boot marks :angry:

I am tempted to do the job myself but when I spend 300 knicker on a service

I want it done right :angry::angry::angry:

It is really bugging me that they ave not bothered to return my calls and sort there mess out :duh: I KNOW ONE THING THEY WILL NOT BE GETTING MY BUSINESS AGAIN THE :tsktsk:

Don't want to rub salt in the wound as it were, but my car just had the 40,000 mile / 4 year service (though its only done 30,000) @ Lexus Oxford and with my gold discount it only cost £277!

Mind you, I did supply my own oil, managed to get 4.5 litres of Castrol Magnatech for £16 from Brown Brothers/Part Co....