Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 SE Suspension

Andy.thomas

Hiya All,

Looking through the specs of IS200 SE over the sport, it would seem the Sussy is the same on both models, just with a lowered setting on the sport.

Is this def the case? And if so is it a fairly easy mod or a case of new springs to drop the SE to about the same as a Sport?

Cheers

A

:cool:

Hi

I bought a brand new SPORT in May this year, and the other day it had to go back to my local LEXUS for a very minor repair. They were kind enough to lend me a SE auto for the day, and i noticed a difference in the handling straight away.

Now... i dont know if there is any difference between the two (apart from the 15mm drop) but the SE felt more 'floaty', and it had less miles on it than mine has.

:smug:

Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

Is it just the new facelift 2002 Sports that are lowered 15mm?

If so will Lexus lower pre 2002 Sports, and if so for how much? One for Chris maybe.:?::?:

JTT - it is the new IS200 sports that have lowered springs yes - around 2001 onwards. Mine didn't so when i asked the dealer, they were charging treble what it cost me to get spax.... Chris - any advances dude? :tumble:

The IS200 Sport springs were changed in the 2001 model year - lower by 15mm.

I put shox + springs from a 2002 sport on my 2001 SE last week.

Shox are the same part number, springs were visibly slightly different.

Definitely an improvement to be had there !!

I made some notes which i'll compile in to a brief handy hints how to at some point.

Job took just over 3 hours but if i had to do it again, could knock about an hour off that.

Originally posted by Zee007
Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

Is it just the new facelift 2002 Sports that are lowered 15mm?

If so will Lexus lower pre 2002 Sports, and if so for how much? One for Chris maybe.:?::?:

JTT - it is the new IS200 sports that have lowered springs yes - around 2001 onwards. Mine didn't so when i asked the dealer, they were charging treble what it cost me to get spax.... Chris - any advances dude? :tumble:

Genuine SPort springs are roughly £80 a corner

to be honest the springs Zee has are just as good

I think TDI do the TTE lowering kits as well

• 4 months later...

is it possible to buy the sprts springs and have fitted to an SE (1999) or is there lots of other bits that would need swapping in order to get the sports driving characteristics (I have test driven a numbers of different models and I agree the SE is more floaty than the sport)

Would a lexus dealer do this if asked or does it invalidate my warranty?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links