Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing Query

lexi1

Allright fellas, a quick question about servicing. My IS200 was last serviced on the 12th may 03 at 50655 miles. It is now the 27th June 2004 making the last service 13 months ago. The thing is i have only done 2500 miles since the last one making the mileage under 54,000 and i no the 60,000 service is going to leave a dent in my wallet. I was going to book it in at Lexus Cardiff (who still dont give gold discount) but when i looked at the service book it states -Full 60,000 miles/6yrs-. All my previous vehicles have stated 10, 20, 30,000 miles etc or 12 months whichever comes sooner. As my car is only 4 years old and has not reached 60,000 miles does this mean with Lexus cars i can hold on for the 6 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes sooner. Even though i am happy to maintain my car regardless of cost it would seem a waste of money to fork out for a full service when the car has only left the garage a handfull of times since the last one and if the service book is right in its wording is not even needed yet.

What do you think,

Cheers guys.

All my previous vehicles have stated 10, 20, 30,000 miles etc or 12 months whichever comes sooner.

Same with the lexus - 10000 miles or 12 months.....get your motor booked in -- although if Cardiff are not offering discount travel a little further out to a dealer that does it will probably still work out cheaper after travelling costs :winky:

Your car will need the next service after 10,000 miles or 12 months.

Things that actually need doing at specific mileage e.g 60,000 (plugs) you could choose to do them now or when you reach 60,000 miles.

No you need the next service which is probably a full one. It's just things that need to be done at 60,000 miles (plugs) which you could leave until it reaches 60,000.

If it needs a full service and you only get an interim the dealer shouldn't stamp your book.

Just found another post quoting service prices, differences of up to £300 depending on dealer. What the hell is that all about. You would think there would be some kind of watchdog or law against that, im sure a normal retailer couldnt get away with it. I will be making some calls tomorow and if Lexus Cardiff dont come in at the lower end of the scale i will probably travel and take advantage of the gold discount. Decided to just to have whatever comes with the 60,000 service. Better to be safe than sorry.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links