Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£726 To Paint Stone Chip

Yes thats right. I've a stone chip on the front of the roof of my car which is starting to bubble with rust. My local toyota/lexus dealership want £726 to paint the whole roof of the car.

Think I'm going to give Chips Away a call...

Bloody hell mate. Forget Lexus in my opinion. Find yourself a recommended sprayer, oven essential and you should be able to get the roof done for around £150-£200. I have been quoted £600 to have my bonnet, wings, bumper and wing mirror done. Top bloke, highly recommended, all work guaranteed for 3 years.

I can't rate them highly enough. Mine has already been in for a 2mm stone chip on the bonnet :-( (after 3000 miles)

However, it's going in again. I've caught the roof of the car a couple of times with the bloody jet hoze thing at the local jet wash :-(

I can't rate them highly enough. Mine has already been in for a 2mm stone chip on the bonnet :-( (after 3000 miles)

However, it's going in again. I've caught the roof of the car a couple of times with the bloody jet hoze thing at the local jet wash :-(

:sick: JET Wash :sick: you dont want to be useing that mate, hand wash is the only way :whistling:

Can't give an opinion on Chipsaway just yet as not booked in but I have about a 10" scratch down my back door and also a large scuff on the underneath of my front bumper. Lexus dealer quoted over £600 to fix. Went to a small car show in High Wycombe at the weekend in which the Wycombe franchise of Chipsaway were in attendance and they said they'd fix both of the problems for £170 + vat - a third of the price of the dealer!

Will be booking very shortly and they assure me I won't see anything after the jobs done which will put a :D back on my face!

Thanks Pulse.

Gave Chips Away a ring. They said they don't usually treat flat panels like the roof but would do an all over touch up of any stone chips for £70. The one on the roof might look a bit obvious especially cause of the colour (silver) though.

Might see if someone local will quote for just spraying just the thin strip at the front of the roof or give Smiffy a try.

Used back street place near where I work in Slough. They sprayed just the front of the roof and blended it in even though silver is a pain to do apparently. Looks good. Cost just £125 too so saved £600 over dealers. :ohmy:

Downside they managed to overspray (or something) over windows, other panels, inside of drivers door etc. Seems to come off with a wipe so time for a wash this evening.

Car also mysteriously did 9 miles while in the body shop. Guess someone wanted to try out a lexus :angry: