Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc Induction Kits

aido

OK I'm looking to order the induction kit for the IS200 SC asap from TDI, but I saw these links:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/1/index.html

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Now these links suggest the HKS filter is crap, and that the Apexi Power Intake is the one to go for, but would one of these fit onto the pipework for the SC induction kit?

Can one of you guys with the TDI kit let me know the measurements of the silicone piping please and I'll look into another type of filter - can be the first one to try something for once :P

Thanks in advance.

HKS filters flow very well, infact the best flowing filters, however this is at the loss of filtration.

for daily use i recomend something like a K&N filter.and a HKS for strip/track work or for the bling bling factor at shows

Thanks Mat, I'll look into an alternate filter for everyday use, I guess I'm doing the same mileage as Zee (about 250 a week) btu recently I've been doing 750 a week so guess I need something that's going to filter well...

Anyone got the specs of the TDI pipework so I can get a filter that will fit?

Now these links suggest the HKS filter is crap, and that the Apexi Power Intake is the one to go for, but would one of these fit onto the pipework for the SC induction kit?

hope so :whistling::whistling: :winky:

can be the first one to try something for once

errmm...... i guess not :whistling:

errmm...... i guess not :whistling:

Sounds like you're trying it - have you ordered yet mate?

Any idea what the size should be please?

I'll have to get a mod that no-one else has - maybe one of those Lexus thongs then :P

errmm...... i guess not  :whistling:

Sounds like you're trying it - have you ordered yet mate?

Any idea what the size should be please?

I'll have to get a mod that no-one else has - maybe one of those Lexus thongs then :P

nah i allready got one of those :blush:

not sure of the size, letting mark take care of the technical bits ;)

Thanks for letting me know the details earlier Mark, going to see what I can find tonight that will fit :)

Bazza what filter are you having mate?

Anyone know if I need the adapter plate if I buy the universal filter (500-A021)?

It's got an 80mm opening which is right but I don't know how these things hook up :duh:

Thanks in advance