Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clear Rear Fog Lights

I have a set of clear fogs on the rear of mine, and they look pink too. Problem is even a red bulb will look pink when lit, don't know of anyone that has got around that yet. If there is someone out there, let us know!

Stu

I bought a set from that guy on ebay.. wouldn't recommend them. awful quality moulding meant that they needed lots of tweaking to make the bulbs fit.  to prove the cruddy quality the box says rear tail lamp "Alteeza"  :D

Oh, and they look pink when turned on....

I had exactly the same problem (although from a different seller the box is exactly the same).

Mine are currently sat in the garage, i've modded one to fit, just need to get round to sorting the other out. Plus I want to see if there are any better bulb solutions out there as the ones supplied are :tsktsk: and i haven't had chance to look at the glass paint other members have tried

I tried several red bulbs including LED ones. The best and brightest red colour came from buying redcurrant colour transparent glass paint from a craft shop and painting clear bulbs. When unlit you get about the same red showing through as the standard rear orange indicator bulbs. The LED bulbs give least amount of red showing through when unlit but you wouldn't want them in when it was foggy!