Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Braided Hoses

DUNCAN

Recieved my Goodridge braided hoses today thanks to dobedo's group buy.

Has anyone else recieved theirs ?

BTW I had to pay £26.14 tax to Parcel Force bringing the total up tp £87.

still waiting for my....... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

What.....£87

Sorry thats way too expensive for braided hoses :angry: surely they can be soursed over here cheaper than that.

What.....£87

Sorry thats way too expensive for braided hoses :angry: surely they can be soursed over here cheaper than that.

i thought they were 60 quid all in. ;)

Hhhmmm...well i wont be too happy if i have to stump up another £26 for poxy tax. :angry:

Taken from original posting in gold:

set of four goodridge top quality hoses

made specially for us

$110 inc shipping

so roughly equates to £60

that is delivered to your door

from a reputable company in usa , recommended by me and mat

Cough cough........to your door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hhhmmm...well i wont be too happy if i have to stump up another £26 for poxy tax. :angry:

Taken from original posting in gold:

set of four goodridge top quality hoses

made specially for us

$110 inc shipping

so roughly equates to £60

that is delivered to your door

from a reputable company in usa , recommended by me and mat

Cough cough........to your door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree i thought it said inc shipping,not too happy but what can we do.

Send em back coz im sure i can get them made up for less...i will be making enquiries.

i only got them cause they were a good price,i`m on me own now ,money is a bit tight,i`ll have to buy em i suppose ,but wont bother anymore group buys,**** that.my lex is probably gonna have to go soon anyway,i`m just modding to keep me busy. :crybaby:

Send em back coz im sure i can get them made up for less...i will be making enquiries.

i only got them cause they were a good price,i`m on me own now ,money is a bit tight,i`ll have to buy em i suppose ,but wont bother anymore group buys,**** that.

pete, besty, i think that a bit harsh, you should know alot of hard work goes into organising group buys.

the TAX that HAS to be paid on entry to the UK is out of the hands of the Group buy organiser.

the company that supplied these hoses, has always been good........and ive never heard of bad feedback, if you wish to blame anyone for the "eventual" cost blame, the post office or the tax man

i only got them cause they were a good price,i`m on me own now ,money is a bit tight,i`ll have to buy em i suppose ,but wont bother anymore group buys,**** that.

pete, besty, i think that a bit harsh, you should know alot of hard work goes into organising group buys.

the TAX that HAS to be paid on entry to the UK is out of the hands of the Group buy organiser.

the company that supplied these hoses, has always been good........and ive never heard of bad feedback, if you wish to blame anyone for the "eventual" cost blame, the post office or the tax man

My good friends at Lextacy (not) wanted £114 for the same product. I bet there would have been tax on that aswell.

As this GB was organised by a member and not a GB organiser was every effort made to maybe source from elsewhere i.e Graham Goode Racing?

This isn't a dig at Dobedo i just need to clarify the above question.

I tend to agree with Colin & Mat on this

Waiting for mine to come through :unsure: its a risk you take when getting stuff from overseas.

Still a good price in my view.............take into account the time & effort you would have to spend doing it your self and say thank to dobedo for doing the hard work!

i`m not blaming anyone mat,it said 60 quid inc shipping thats all,i will pay for the bits but wont be buying out else unless it states tax etc on top of the price,youve more money than me mate. :)

i`m not blaming anyone mat,it said 60 quid inc shipping thats all,i will pay for the bits but wont be buying out else unless it states tax etc on top of the price,youve more money than me mate. :)

it has nothing to do with who has or not more money, you dont know what i earn, i dont know what you earn.

the amount of tax varies, as we have found a few times dependiong who is delivering the article, depending on what they want to charge for clearence etc etc.

So everyone is telling me they cant be got from over here then......i dont think so,coz i have had them made for me before so i know they are cheap as chips and im not dissing anyone or the work that goes into organising GB's.

:)

Zee and I got ours made up by Grahame Goode( Goodridge Kits) and they were much cheaper than £87 delivered to the door. However I don't think it is appropriate to state the price on this thread, just to make the point that they can be sourced over here.

a bit of math for someone -

how can the tax/vat be £26 when the cost of the item was about £60 and i am assuming the invoice cost was a fair bit lower - seems to a lot more than the vat etc?????

a bit of math for someone -

how can the tax/vat be £26 when the cost of the item was about £60 and i am assuming the invoice cost was a fair bit lower - seems to a lot more than the vat etc?????

exactlly...............

Zee and I got ours made up by Grahame Goode( Goodridge Kits) and they were much cheaper than £87 delivered to the door. However I don't think it is appropriate to state the price on this thread, just to make the point that they can be sourced over here.

Thank you.

Enough said then :D