Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Le

Hi all,

Well I was lucky (I think?) to have been loaned a 04' plate IS 200 LE for a few days, while my car was in for some work at Lexus Oxford. :driving:

I.M.O the latest car is no way near as good a build as the earlier model. I had a strath blue with cream leather interior (I noticed this actually made the inside of the car feel alot bigger), which was all marked and very filthy. I did like the new lights (front and back) and the grey alloys would look fantastic on my car (granite sky), but didnt really go with the blue! :whistling:

I found the interior to be very plain and boring, far too much black on the dash, needs to be split up somehow, maybe like the two tone effect in my car, I dont know? Also I found the clock cluster area, in its lovely black and white colouring, wasn't very impressive. :yack:

The steering alot lighter and it felt slightly faster than mine (the engine seemed to be more free revving), but not as stable. The steering wheel itself felt slightly smaller too, or maybe thats just another optical illusion this car gives off? :hehe:

Anyway, though it was great to be posing around in a brand new Lexus, I am glad to have my 00' plate SE back!

The steering wheel itself felt slightly smaller too, or maybe thats just another optical illusion this car gives off? :hehe:

There are a lot of people saying that the old ones were made better mate, have to admit I do prefer the two tone scheme like in my old one :P

Funny you mention the steering feeling lighter - I thought my steering had got heavier after I'd had the roll bars fitted but I bet it was because I'd done 300 miles in the loan car and that emphasized the difference?

I prefer the older darker styling of the rest of the trim too as it's not as distracting as the new stuff - I'm not a fan of those metal grilles for the speakers etc....

Had a 04 is200se auto while mine was having a service . In my opinon they have lost there edge a little with the metal (plastic) bits all over the place , single colour dash and the gunmetal 11 spoke wheels . saying that it drove fantastical also its first time i have driven a car with cruise control and i loved it . I feel the is300 coming sooner rather than later .

Don't like the new one tone dash. If I was to get a new one, I'd take it straight into a paint shop and get that sorted!

Quote by Me

If I was to get a new one

But I'm just crossing my fingers that the price isn't to high on the next generation lex! :winky:

I'm not a fan of those metal grilles for the speakers etc....

That is one thing I am a fan of, looks much more classy then the plastic grills!!

Yeap...i think they look much better - my plastic ones look kinda cheap :sick::ph34r::ph34r:

I must admit I prefer the new interiors, what I prefer is where the lower part of the dash is colour coded on the cream/beige interior.

I think my two tone interior looks a little dated.

I am totaly confused about this two tone stuff?

Isnt the black interior all black on the inside (dash/carpets/seats) and the beige interior black top/beige bottom dash, beige seats and beige carpets?

Whats the 2 tone interior then?

Whats the 2 tone interior then?

If you look at the old interior (you can just about see in my garage on the !quickshift" and "gearknob" pics, there is a grey/silver trim going around the dash, this is also on the glove box and speedo. On the newer models they don't have this painted.

I'm not a fan of those metal grilles for the speakers etc....

That is one thing I am a fan of, looks much more classy then the plastic grills!!

Yeap...i think they look much better - my plastic ones look kinda cheap :sick::ph34r::ph34r:

You get me, wasnt really expecting that in a lex :o :o

Problem is you have to change the whole door card to get the new grills :sick:

I think the plastic speakers look better than the new "chrome" look ones, they look like someone got there kid to cover edge with silver foil "Blue Peter" Styley! Very cheap and nasty looking....

The two tone dash is much nicer, I found the all black which was suddenly ended into the beige interior, uneasy on the eye, but I am sure some people like it. As they say, life would be boring if we all liked the same things! :zee:

As I said, comments were all I.M.O, interesting to see that some people agree and some disagree.

I think the 2 tone dash (which I have) looks a bit 'disco' and dated - much prefer the single colour.

However I agree with the speaker trim being a bit naff in 'chrome' (plastic).

I think the new wheels are great but only on Granite or Black cars - the old 5 spokes suited all the colours better (until they corrode) !

Undecided on the tinted lenses - to me the clear lights are a sort of trade mark and to tint them just seems to be 'change for change sake'.

The arm rest is a plus point.

I notice the intrusive boot hinges remain, the spare is still upside down and still no basic trip computer. Still can't have everything can we :lol: