Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Grand Prix Alloys

Richard Baker

Just picked a set of 4 Grand Prix 9 spoke alloys from Lexus Bristol and made a nice saving with the Gold 10% discount.

The wheel is shown on page 5 of the Lexus accessory catalogue.

My query is as follows -

The wheel is 18'' x 8.5'' (the box had 7.5'' on the packaging), what size tyre do i require, is it 225 / 40 / 18 ?

Will i require an arch liner to avoid rubbing, as the spares desk did not know.

I have an IS 200 Sport, which has been further lowered using Lexus sports springs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments - my ignorance completely.

The 18'' Grand Prix wheels are 7.5 wide, i measured across the width of the wheel with a tape, hence the 8.5.

Anyway they are now fitted with 225/40/18 Dunlop Sport 9000 and i am very pleased with them.

I will shortly post my 17'' 5 spoke wheels (4No) with Dunlop Sport 9000 tyres with lots of tread, alongside Gold centre caps (from Midas) and four silver / chrome standard centre caps on the Buy and Sell section.

I have taken some photos, in between the showers.

I think they are are great, they look quite aggressive but not 'in your face'.

I am not sure how to post images on the site, but if someone could give me their email address, at least i could send them as an attachment and they could be posted that way.

I have not seen another IS with these wheels, at least not in the Bristol area.

I really would like to get some photos up, as i am going to sell my blue sports grill, which has a very nice stainless steel mesh insert. This mesh is high grade stainless and not your chicken mesh quality, i also have the original black resin coated mesh, should any body want it.

Thanks to Colin for posting photo's.

Wheels work out at £705.00 (set of 4) including VAT and 10% Gold Discount - Lexus Bristol

Tyres - 225/40/18 Dunlop Sport 9000, valves, balancing, all wheel alignment and a new set of locking wheel nuts £450.00 - Protyre of Bristol.

All in cost £1155.00

I am now aiming to sell my 17'' with gold centre caps for about £300.00 ish.