Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Warenty & Tte Parts

Hello felow owners,

Can anybody advise me on where I stand with regards to the Lexus warenty & modifying my car. I have a 53' IS200 SE Auto which I want to lower & fit a subttle bodykit, the stuff I have been eyeing up is all TTE (which I believe is sourced through Toyota???), how would this affect the warenty?

Would it only be covered if Lexus were to fit it (& charge a ridiculous amount), or would it be ok to have a local bodyshop carry out the work?

As usual, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Stuart

P.S

Looking forward to modding!!! :hehe: :D :hehe:

It would only affect the warranty if the mods have caused the problem. e.g. if the springs damage the suspension or the suspension is damaged due to the springs being fitted incorrectly then you would have a problem.

TTE stuff isn't normally sourced through Toyota, mostly the other way round. e.g. the Lexus GS Sport has TTE parts fitted as standard.

Ok... But would I be right in saying you can order/buy TTE parts from your local Toyota dealer?

Also, how would it afect the resale value having parts fitted by a local bodyshop rather than Lexus/Toyota?

Stuart

Yes you can order TTE parts through Lexus/Toyota dealers and also other suppliers. Your dealer is able to supply only or supply and fit.

Who fitted it wouldn't affect resale value if it's a good job. Anybody purchasing the car would know who has fitted it anyway.

Guest mark_tsang

car dealer body shops are very expensive & it dont usually mean is best or even do a very good job.i take mine to a approved body shop & they do a great job. in the past i had very bad experience with car dealer 'approved' body shops & so did my dad many years ago. not saying lexus car body shop is like that. i recommend taking it to a car body shop just look at few & se their work on their(cusotmer) cars. what i did.

No, its just I know a man who is very good & expierienced in this kind of work so will probably ask him for a first quote on fitting any bodykits.

My main worry was that how Lexus would react, if I were to have any issues with the car, ie steering problems, etc, would they be likely to blame the lowering springs & refuse to do the work under warranty?

Cheers.

Stuart

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links