Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Worth The Extra?

The current price difference between the SE Navigator and the SE-L is £2600. To those who have had the opportunity to compare the two, what is your opinion?

Also, are the residuals likely to be any different? I would be most interested to read any replies.

Reports I've read suggest the air suspension is better on the motorway but the standard is better on normal roads. Worth test driving both - some people just don't like air suspension.

Only you can decide if the air suspension, adaptive lights, power tailgate and uprated stereo are worth an extra £2600.

I would think the SE-L would be the most desirable on the used market so may retain a little more money.

Sabastian,

This is something I had to think about too. It seems a lot of money not very much.

Suspension - does very well, little things like it lowering itself even more to let people in and out make a difference. It sits lower when not used, and looks nicer, but raises and works fine otherwise. In fact to notice it is working you end up standing next to the car and measuring the distance between the wheels and arches.

Adaptive Lights - Amazing, you really only notice how good they are as you come out of a corner, that is when they move to point forward again. They 'point' where the road is, and thats where your looking!

Power tailgate - Great with loads of shopping, and if you have someone a little short, makes it easier for them to close. (I also found it great fun with kids as they can shout 'Open' and 'Close' and the cars does it - little bit of magic and mystery for them)

Stereo - The muts nuts. So good it is unreal - you end up buying the CDs with great sounding tracks you always wanted, because you get to hear them the way they should be. My CD wallet (over 60 discs) has all types of music in ready for various journeys I take, and they all sound excellent.

You really should make up your own mind, take the test drive and do the same in both if you can. Take a couple od CDs with you and just enjoy yourself. I did and still am.

Night-Time

Hi Sabastian

I observe from your profile that you already own a SE-L and presume you are just pondering the wisdom of your purchase. Without doubt the air suspension is excellent, as is the adaptive headlights and Mark Levinson stereo (the Power Tailgate is standard on both the SE Navigator and SE-L) but whether these extras are worth £2600 I guess probably not. As for a residual price, my Lexus dealer advises that he will have a part exchange valuation for all three RX models.

• 2 weeks later...

Night-time

Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links