Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Group Buy

n30jjb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havnt got mine yet ;)

Thats cos you live in the mountains and it takes 6 years for the postmans donkey to get to you :lol:

Ive got mine fitted now, and maaged to adjust it so the air is directed just in front of it so any air passing through will surely go round the filter.

I think there is a definite difference.

I have started to make a template already as in the pics shown above, but I think I may have to change the Trust Mushroom Filter for a Cone Filter as I plan to partially close the top of it in, with a small scoop at the top to aid the direction of incoming air a little more.

I will put a pic in here just as soon as I can find my camera :unsure:

IFRAZ: You have yours mounted too far back mate. Also, did you change your mounting position for the induction tube - it seems different to mine.

I got over the problem of only having a single bolt mounting by attaching a "sellotape anywhere" double sided sticky pad to the left underside and attaching it to the radiator. The pads are great cos they are weather proof and very resilient to high temps.

IFRAZ:  You have yours mounted too far back mate.  Also, did you change your mounting position for the induction tube - it seems different to mine.

No, I haven't changed the mounting position yet. I think you had yours spot on. I must get round to moving it.

I have tried mounting the air scoop further forward so it sits over the radiator but I don't think it's very secure there and not sure if it will be rubbing the inside of the bonnet? :yawn:

I'll wait for your pics :)

me and UKazn will be "adapting the IS300 intake to fit the is200 perfectly then takin molds so it will be a bolt on item. but will be a few weeks away.

IFRAZ:  You have yours mounted too far back mate.  Also, did you change your mounting position for the induction tube - it seems different to mine.

No, I haven't changed the mounting position yet. I think you had yours spot on. I must get round to moving it.

I have tried mounting the air scoop further forward so it sits over the radiator but I don't think it's very secure there and not sure if it will be rubbing the inside of the bonnet? :yawn:

I'll wait for your pics :)

It doesnt rub the inside of the bonnet. The rubber seal attached to the bonnet sits nicely behind the inlet once you have it mounted further forward.

Personally, I wouldnt bother too much with messing around with the plastic duct, it has no impact whatsoever over the volume of air being delivered to the filter, it merely changes the direction of the flow a little. It does make a difference, but only small, and I wouldnt plough loads of money into developing it any more.

Pics to follow tomorrow

I'll post here once payments have been recieved.

IMI (No delivery) - PAID

WHITIE

Sorry been out the country the past few weeks.. Best leave me out if its not to late, as I don't know whats going on where :duh: