Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Closest Normal 9006 Bulb To Hid

Hey Everyone,

Just a bit of advice really, What do you think are the closest "normal" bulbs to a HID type bulb?

HIDs are just a bit too expensive and I'm worried about not having washers and auto-levelling for the MOT, so what bulbs are the best substitute?

I know Zee did a group buy on X-Whites recently, but I missed out on it :angry: are these really the best? if so, what make are they so i can buy some?

Anyone know what are these PIAA ones are like?

any advice at all would be great!!! :D

I can HIGHLY recommend THESE from PIAA.. They're not the cheapest but they're probably the best. I used them before I took the plunge and went for HID.

Bare in mind the one's you're looking at on eBay are rated at 7500K, these will be quite blue in colour. For the truest WHITE colour you should be looking at around the 4200K colour temperature mark. :zee:

Cheers RYX :) I had a feeling those 7500k ones were a bit blue, but I can't seem to find any 4-5000K 9006's on eBay...

I'll see if Zee gets back to me about the group buy and if he can supply me with any X-whites at the GB price, otherwise I'll get those PIAA ones from speeding.co.uk, problem is they are £90 a pair!!! :ohmy:

Almost worth saving up for HIDs to be honest... but I'm a little bit worried about their legality!

look on the us eBay site.. i got mine from there... I must admit the ones from the group buy are very good but then again if you pay that much for a bulb the I would expect the beam to reach aussie land ..lol i got mine from us eBay..

craig