Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Main Dealers Selling At Auction?

I have been looking to trade my X plat IS200s Nav for a newer SE with Nav for a while. My local dealer who have been vaery good haven't been able to find one.

Another main dealer in the area (I won't day who) say they have one, 53 Plate 9,000 miles, but it is due to go to auction tomorrow, so I can't see it. But if I pay a deposit they will pull it from the auction.

Dunno about you but that sounds a bit suss that a main dealer is selling a nearly new car at auction, when from my experience cars with Nav are hard to source. Also not keen paying deposit on a car I haven't seen, even though it is a Lexus main dealer.

Am I being paranoid or do you think it is OK??

When i was looking at Lexus Poole, they phoned round the dealers trying to source me a car.

They phoned up about one particular car, we were told that the car had failed the RAC Inspection, therefor the car will be going to auction.

I'm sure they'll get less money at an auction than you're willing to pay!

Spoken with dealer again. Think I'm gonna pass on it.

Trade they offered on mine is a fair bit less than I've been offered elsewhere and not happy about paying deposit on car I've not seen.

It might not sell again, in which case I can look at it on Monday.

A.P.I.M.H - sorry need to get from dealer to get the PX & finance.

failed the RAC inspection 

must be absolutely rotten 

Especially when you hear some of the stories concerning cars they have passed :ph34r:

If it still has warranty then what is there to worry about?

My suggestion would be to hide near the garage and follow them to the auction and buy it at a much cheaper price than what you would pay when they give you "flowers and chocolates"

Late yesterday evening the dealer made me an improved offer. I have put deposit down on proviso if I don't like/want car for any reason I get deposit back.

Auction was out of area, so still got to wait for car to get back to showroom, hopefully over the weekend.