Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent Strut Brace Help Needed!

Stu

Guys,

I got home to find my TRD strut brace waiting for me, it was one that was designed for a 'tezza, but i thought i'd give it a try anyways (with a guaranteed full refund if it didn't fit), and guess what.............

It's rubbing on the top of the air filter box in two places, making a hell of a noise when the engine is revved or when i turn the wheels.

Perhaps someone could join me in the chat room now to help me out of this muddle (if i can get out of it with the strut brace fitted still that is!)

Stu

No-one?

I need to either decide if it or the air box can be modified slightly to accomodate the engine/strut combo, or if i got to send it back (which i'll have to do first thing in the morning)

The Tezza air box is located behind the offside headlamp, so any strut brace designed for this model would not have to clear the air box.

It may be possible to modify it to fit, but 15mm plus additional clearance is a lot to find. May be worth trying if your in love with it, otherwise aim it back and buy Cusco.

Hope this helps :)

Ok, problem solved - it's going back!

Now, another problem, can anyone reccomend somewhere that i could get one from, preferably one that fits :P before JAE?

If so, please let me know!

Stu