Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Locking Wheel Nuts/bolts

My sister has lost the key for her locking wheel bolts on her clio. She has been quoted £100 to have them removed. Do you think this is a fair price.

I recon they can be removed easier than all the garages down near her (Brighton) have been saying - about 3 hours they recon.

Any advice apprerciated

Cheers

Sounds a bit expensive to me buddy. I am sure for tyre garages this would be a common problem and i would have thought there is a pretty easy and straight forward method for removal. Only assuming though mate.

Has she tried a Renault dealer? Some other makes keep masters at the dealerships. There is another way but depends what they are like - if they are not recessed or space around them ...... but wouldn't post on a public forum.

locking nuts are fairly easy to remove if u have the correct equipment - all depends on the wheel - is the nut deeply recessed, lots of space around the nut etc??

i have just used one of those universal sockets before ( the one with all the pins in it, "gatorgrip" i think its called) and that worked well.