Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trust Induction Kit

sounds pretty much right, i believe the only time you would probably have a problem such as that is at a standing start, when there is no air being forced into the box. i should imagine tho that at 30mph+ the volume of air entering the box will be sufficient to keep it happy. but i do agree that a totaly sealed box may be a bad idea. But would it be anyworse than the standard airbox?

I am planning on making a loose plate just to try and make sure that the cool air gets used before the hot air behind.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had the front box, the pipe and the air coming in from the headlight I thought that would be more than enough

Thats what i mean...........

thats how it has been done on the race car (preliminary).........but it sure works :driving:

What's mark used to keep the ducting pipe in place, looks like some sort of putty. If you had that and the box would that be good enough with out the heat shield

Only asking cuz me, a sheet of metal and some tin snips wouldn't get on! :P

If the air intake is cunning placed in a high pressure location, your sealed air box should become pressurised when driving at speed which will provide a mild form of supercharging.

If the airbox aperture is too small, it will be restrictive and lose power.

Welcome to the world of r&d :D

Ive got some ideas for a cold air box

Anyone have the spec for the air box. I take it the hole for the pipe may be in a different place. But I'm more interested in the size and the mounting points

Has anyone thought of removing the backing attached to the standard grille? That would increase airflow considerably, albeit just into the engine bay. I dont know what the vizual effect of this would be as it looks like you can see straight through to your rad, I will check it out. It would prob improve engine cooling aswell.

Do you have a problem with engine cooling? You need to make sure small stones cannot get through and punch a hole in the rad.

Yeah thats a big concern, maybe I will just cut out a piece on the side of the induction kit, I wonder if I can get a scoop in there and direct the air to the filter ?

There seems to be enough room to put one there, and that will stop the rad getting damaged ?

No I dont have a prob with cooling.

do you mean a scoop of some sort infront of the rad directing air towards the filter cone?

Yes, like one of those small black plastic ones that you can get for kit cars, that they use for brake cooling ducts and such like. You can clamp some round flexi-ducting to it, do you know what I mean ?

well i will be in possession of 4 meters of the aluminium ducting matt has used in his pics. plenty for testing me thinks.

Also i removed the plastic from behind my grill months ago and its so much cooler in the bay now. definately recomended cheap too!!!

Gonna get cutting this sat!

thats not too bad pete,thought it would be horid like you said on the phone,how much was it.

£63 from Demon Tweeks. I needed to modify it to make i fit, had to cut about 6 inches off the end, and cut holes in it for the mounting bracket, air temp sensor and breather pipe. You need a spare pair of hands aswell cos its a nightmare to fit on yer own.

In theory, it will work a bit, difficult to tell though cos I drive it like an idiot anyway so theres no real way of telling. :lol:

After seeing the pics of where matts cold air tubing comes through the metal area infront of the bumper, has no one considered taking their induction tubing through there and having the filter in the void underneath.

Its a prime location. a fresh air feed as standard, no heat from rads etc. only thing that goes against would be access. But a cylindrical filter box mounted on top of a hole cut into the metal might make life easier if that makes sense?

Im gonna go do a sketch for ya.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links