Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise In The Roof

if you mean the sunroof is squeaking when you are driving along, put some SILICONE grease on the rubber seal, this will stop it squeaking.

DO NOT USE NORMAL GREASE - it will destroy the rubber seal

I had a rattle in the sunroof when the blind was drawn back and the roof in closed position. The garage had a play with it 4 times before they got it apparently. I was told that there is a design fault with the sunroof assembly and it can work itself loose. The roof lining needs to be taken out and the frame and needs to be packed out.

I had a rattle in the sunroof when the blind was drawn back and the roof in closed position. The garage had a play with it 4 times before they got it apparently. I was told that there is a design fault with the sunroof assembly and it can work itself loose. The roof lining needs to be taken out and the frame and needs to be packed out.

mine does this too, possibly a daft question, but...would it be covered under any part of the warranty?

I had a rattle from somewhere above the headlining.

Dealer found it to be the cable for roof aerial. Secured it = no more rattle.

Also had a creak from sunroof panel - the black plastic bits around the edge.

Could demonstrate the noise by pushing on the surround ...

Dealer also now fixed this along with some other noises.

Nice quiet car again - I'm quite happy :D

Well done Lexus Ipswich - Credit where it's due.

Hope they don't involve a lawyer because i've told others what they did to my car :whistling:

QUOTE (amolkarnik @ Jul 2 2004, 03:34 PM)

mine does this too, possibly a daft question, but...would it be covered under any part of the warranty?

Mine was done under warranty

Mine used to rattle and there was an attempt to sort it out under warranty. The rattle has gone away but when the visor is back there is an annoying clicking noise whenever I go over a bump.

BTW, I had a creak in my drivers seat which was also fixed under warranty.