Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As this is my first post I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but yesterday I finally ordered an RX300se (not the bad news) and during a chat with the salesman (Michael at Lexus Woodford -top bloke-) he mentioned he had been on a course the previous day where he was informed that the RX400h is now delayed until JUNE 2005! Sorry to all you waiting if it's true. Looking forward to me car arriving begining of August. Great site :-)

lame. by the time it actually comes out i think i will have totally lost interest! I put my deposit down in January! I will have been waiting 18 months!

This is not lame; it is entirely sensible.

Lexus will not launch a product that is not 100% right. Other manufacturers have done this to their cost, think of M-B A Class!

This car and technology is far too important to let a few months delay in launch stand in the way of perfection.

From a consumers point of view, would you rather have it when it was initially estimated or have it right? You would be the first to complain if there was a change in spec or improvement to the car 6 months after launch.

...and if you don't want it, I am sure there will be plenty of people lined up to take your place. I have orders dating back to May 2003.

Ian - I stick by my gut reaction as a customer. When a release date is announced - in this case fall '04, finances are geared up and plans are made. With an area such as the car market, there are a wide range of choices appearing all they time, which can lure the customer away.

I'm sure you wanted to nip any negativity about the car in the bud. Fine, when it finally arrives the RX400h will be an amaing machine (thats why i've chosen to buy one).

However, condescension and patronisation on your behalf is just irritating, do you think I haven't thought of the positives?

Everyone is entitled to there gut reaction.

I suspect that the delay is due to the fact that Lexus is trying to satisfy the US market first of all. Normal, as it is their biggest market, and Americans are not used to wait for what they want. We,in Europe, on the other hand....

NOW NOW VERTEX,

Be nice. WE Americans (as you so aptly put it) have to wait for things too at times. Oh, you long-suffering Europeans. Lexus does seem to cater to us simply as a matter of money. We are the largest market, BUT that doesn't make us any better by any stretch of the imagination.

Lexus will not release the car until it thinks that it is right. Americans are also used as guinea-pigs sometimes. I would rather have a car AFTER the bugs are worked out instead of BEFORE.

Europe has some of the world's finest cars. You have some cars that we just drool over, because we can't have them due to our emissions and safety regulations. Sometimes when we get a hot European car, its' horsepower has been reduced to comply with our standards. Your performance cars are awesome.

HOPEFULLY, you will not have to wait too long. It will be worth the wait, I am sure.

I agree with nickjwarman when he states that as customers we

are entitled to be disappointed with the ongoing saga on the

arrival of the much awaited RX400. I too have put down a

deposit and I am second on the list, but I seem to be the

last to know of any postponement. I think that Lexus owe it

to us to keep us informed of any changes and should get

their act together and stick to a definite date.

My first post and I've nearly started two wars! I haven't even got my car yet. I pomise to be more careful with future topics!!!

:lol: Todays news story on Iraq says that 'intelligence in the US is fundamentally flawed'. Must be all those sugary foods and drinks making the brain obese too?

(Just thought I'd take the pressure off you, Harlowrog! After all, it's only Dubbyer and Bigears-the-blair that are allowed to start wars for no reason!!

There's too much REAL intelligence in this club to use 'intelligence', here, as an excuse! :nuke: :zee: :nuke:

I had an email from Lexus UK dated 24 June which states, "At the beginning of next year Lexus will introduce the RX400H!" Their exclamation mark.

Also, "The full UK specification has yet to be announced".

I imagine that Lexus UK is as much in the dark as the rest of us.

Incidentally, 'What Car' still has the introduction date as January 2005 and the estimated price as £32,000. I think both are these will be well wide of the mark.

However, condescension and patronisation on your behalf is just irritating, do you think I haven't thought of the positives?

Everyone is entitled to there gut reaction.

Trying to be objective here so...

Nick - I think Ian's questions were rhetorical - so I did not take them as patronising, just discussion leading. I guess this was just Ian's 'gut reaction' too.

Ian - From a managing customer’s expectations point of view a wee e-mail would be nice if the delay is going to be 'till June. [edit] call just received - thanks Simon

And on a pedantic note - Nick two nice big words with ‘condescension’ and ‘patronisation’ but remember it's 'their', not 'there' :winky: