Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Into Is200 Sport?

Thats my line of thinking,don't know bout cheaper tax though

I've seen a few already that were converted and for sale in AT,the owners reported they had no probs whatsoever,i've priced around approved installers and come up with £1400 all inc vat for install

anyone else...........

i'll be honest with you having expierience of VAG warrenty etc its not worth paper written on,plus im in northern ireland with only 1 lexus dealer located 65m from me who are a bunch of stuck up plonkers and ignored me when i went in and wanted a test drive as i was in loan car from audi garage while my a4 was being repaired yet again :angry:

volvo ,vauxhall,honda etc have no probs with the conversions or covering warrenty issues as long as the kit is pro fit and certified

i can't see a problem with it,lpg has an octaine rateing of 99 which is higher than super etc so its bound to be better for your engine.

search for posts from a member called NotoriousREV.

he had LPG fitted and wasnt happy, had nothing but problems.

regarding the pro's and cons of LPG.....thats not my concern.

i am letting you know where you stand with the LPG conversion and the Lexus warrenty/Lexus views on the conversion.

ok

Depends who does the conversion i s'pose.I think it has to be an approved one for the government to give a consession on tax.

Many cars since the 70's have had LPG conversions done successfully when lpg wasn't even thought of as an alternative fuel.

Depends who does the conversion i s'pose.I think it has to be an approved one for the government to give a consession on tax.

Many cars since the 70's have had LPG conversions done successfully when lpg wasn't even thought of as an alternative fuel.

as i said, i dont care either way........search for the posts by NotoriousREV.

he had it fitted

as i said, i dont care either way........search for the posts by NotoriousREV.

he had it fitted

I just thought you may have some inside knowledge as to why Lexus dont approve of LPG conversions.

Notoriousrev may of had a bad install :ph34r::ph34r:

Mat's right. In NL LPG is (and was) popular, and some of the first IS200's were fitted with installations by reputable companies that would take warranty where Lexus wouldn't. The fact that none of these companies offer LPG anymore for any Lexus says enough.

RX-Men-8

I have made a LPG conversion on my IS in march 2003 and i have no problems after 45000km. But you should know the the LPG has a t° of combution 200°C higher then petrol and it's not very good for the valves.

The better LPG system is the LPI from Vialle because the LPG stay liquid during the injection and is very cold, much better for the valves.

Tof