Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am in the process of ordering a power steering pump from the USA and a new air control valve (thats the one that will make your car produce white smoke on startup if its u/s.)

As most of you know approx £450 from Lexus then approx £90 for valve in this country.

A oem from lexus approx £230 or a maval remanafactured one for £150.With import duty and shipping still a great save.Not worth having new seals fitted to old pump at that price.

One point of interest is the control valve £90 in this country £50 in the USA,the part is the same as a Toyota Tercel air valve and shares the same part number.

Good on ya dude!

I've just ordered some front lower ball joints from the US, at a price of 45 quid the pair. Even including customs duty and VAT, it's probably less than the price of one lower ball joint in this country!

Rip-off Britain strikes again....!! :yack:

More like RIP-OFF LEXUS

£116 a hour labour at Lexus Bristol :whistling:

and your car gets serviced in the Toyota garage :D

You also have to go to the Toyota parts dept to pick your bits up,if you pay by credit card,they have to walk over to the Lexus showroom to swipe your card :D so thats why there so slow serving people,oh and when you get to parts you got to wait for someone to appear at the counter from behind the screen,abit like the kiddys program "MR BEN"

If i was running the place id rip that TV out for starters,to many staff watching the Tennis rather than dealing with things.

Very poor customer service by them.

What's wrong with the car getting serviced in a Toyota garage - it is a Toyota!

It is more of rip off Britain than Lexus. The cars and the servicing are priced to a certain market within the UK and compared to the competition the price of the cars, parts and servicing are cheaper (BMW servicing costs are up to £150 per hour).

I know what you are saying colin, but I think Chips has got a point. It is, as you say, a Toyota. So why should 1 member of staff, who probably gets paid the same to work on either car, which costs the dealership the same amount per hour, charge significantly more for his time? I know there is this pricing of products and services to a certain market idea, but I doubt that the Japanese have to put up with paying this much, or double the price of the other Toyota models (after all, they are not so snobbish as us to call their cars "Lexus"!!!)

The way I see it, the dealerships could end up shooting themselves in the foot. After all, today's secondhand Lexus owner could be tomorrow's new Lexus purchaser, and they still carry the brand on their car. It makes commercial sense to keep them happy, just as a new car owner needs to be. More cars are probably sold on recommendation, and word of mouth reviews than on dealership advertisements. If you were impressed with your current car, in terms of the car itself, and the support from the people that make/service it, you would be much more likely to spend your money with that brand again, rather than straying elsewhere. This can only mean good business, and more profits/market share for the manufacturer.

As I see it, the word all round seems to be that Lexus have good customer satisfacton. As the brand matures, to keep up this standard they should start looking at offering certain concessions for older vehicles. Perhaps a discount on parts, and/or labour for vehicles over a certain age (I know of other prestige brands who do this!)

Not having a moan, just trying to speculate!

Cheers,

William

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links