Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol Flap

Give it a good wash inside last time, now it doesn't pop open anymore. Think I've disloged a spring or something. Have to wedge handle up this morning and lever flap open with key. Do I need a new part or adjust something?

Have had a search but couldn't find anything. Thanks for your help

Jim

no solenoid on the IS fuel cap its cable operated, whats prob happened is that you might have dislodged the small operating spring on that some rust has developed in the hinge. if the cap fails to open u will need someone else to pull the operating lever while u pull the flap open.

:offtopic: but my flap doesn't sit flush with the quarter panel, its slightly proud. Any ideas if I can adjust something etc.?

hi, you could bend the hinge point slightly, but be careful!!

Just thought I'd post back with the solution incase anyone else gets this problem. There's a litle spring with a plastic clip. I must of knocked off whilst cleaning. There are two typesdepending on the age of the car. Thank to the guy a Lexus stockport parts dept for sorting us out

• 5 years later...

Just thought I'd post back with the solution incase anyone else gets this problem. There's a litle spring with a plastic clip. I must of knocked off whilst cleaning. There are two typesdepending on the age of the car. Thank to the guy a Lexus stockport parts dept for sorting us out

Thanks Jim for the update, i am having the same problem :( and the bonnet too :(

Thanks Jim for the update, i am having the same problem :( and the bonnet too :(

There is a V-Shaped piece of metal which acts as a spring clipped into the inside of the petrol cap flap. Mine gave way eventually so there was nothing to push the flap open when I pulled the lever. Check it is in position or even still intact. Only £2.50 to replace from Lex. :-)