Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Growl!

My dad asked me to buy a nice comfy nearly new car for him, so I popped into trade sales in Slough.

For 10 grand, I managed to buy a silver colour 03 plate Vectra 3.2 V6 elite (top spec) 5 speed auto (with manual sequential mode) with 12,000 miles and in mint condition.

They don't let you test drive the car, but I started it up, and it had an exhaust growl!! I think I may be spending more time at my dad's place!!

0-60 in about 7 secs, 211bhp and 221lbs of torque. I'm quite impressed, since these cost 23k list price..

I pick it up next week.

A lot of cars these days seem to have exhaust growl built in don't they? I drove an IS200 Auto a few years back, and I think that had a bit of a growl. I drove some hire cars in the US last year and they all had big growling exhausts too.

Is this a new trend or is just the fact that I've been driving the LS for so many years, I've forgotten what an exhaust is supposed to sound like?

:lol::lol::lol:

My dad asked me to buy a nice comfy nearly new car for him, so I popped into trade sales in Slough.

For 10 grand, I managed to buy a silver colour 03 plate Vectra 3.2 V6 elite (top spec) 5 speed auto (with manual sequential mode) with 12,000 miles and in mint condition.

They don't let you test drive the car, but I started it up, and it had an exhaust growl!! I think I may be spending more time at my dad's place!!

0-60 in about 7 secs, 211bhp and 221lbs of torque. I'm quite impressed, since these cost 23k list price..

I pick it up next week.

A lot of cars these days seem to have exhaust growl built in don't they? I drove an IS200 Auto a few years back, and I think that had a bit of a growl. I drove some hire cars in the US last year and they all had big growling exhausts too.

Is this a new trend or is just the fact that I've been driving the LS for so many years, I've forgotten what an exhaust is supposed to sound like?

:lol::lol::lol:

nice one mate,bet your dads chuffed to bits,it will bw as smooth as silk,as for the break horse,its the torque that counts not the bhp,as in a rally car.nice purchase pal. :)

Yes, it shows you how engine technology has moved on.

My 92 LS ONLY makes 241hp and 260lbs of torque from a 4 litre V8.

The Vectra is supposed to get between 20 and 38 mpg, so should be able to squeeze out 40mpg by setting cruise control at 65mph! :winky: