Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Windscreen Is Chipped

Hi dudes, I have an extremely tiny chip on my windscreen, probably 1mm deep.. barely noticeable.

Must I get this fixed? I seem to recall a telly advert emphasising how the ignorant are punished if you leave screen chips alone :crying: hehe

i would just check the cost of a repair - i know it isnt much and doesnt take long to do either, u also have to check which bit of the windscreen it is, on my old car i left a chip then it turned into a small crack, which one day when it was hot decided it would grow a bit , only 15 cm!!!

Thanks guys.

Minor windscreen damage is repaired almost for free with Directline insurance. You only pay the excess over £50, and it doesn't affect your no claims.

Someone's coming round next week to strengthen it. Cool man B)

bit late now I know - but in case anyone else finds it handy.

I got a nasty chip in my windscreen on the M11 about 9 monthsago.

Rang the RAC, thanks to the free membership with the car, and a guy came out and fixed it, for nothing, didn't have to mention it to my insurance or anything.

Only took about 15 minutes too

Rang the RAC, thanks to the free membership with the car, and a guy came out and fixed it, for nothing, didn't have to mention it to my insurance or anything.

did you just ask the RAC to come and fix the window

i didnt even know they offered this :o

cheers matt , i will have to give them a ring :)

:) Just had to say, Matt, that your bouncing babe reminds me of a time when :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Is it wishful thinking on your part, or did you get lucky.

Thinks....it's one of the (only?) advantage of middle age is that, assuming an interesting life of course!, you can look back on all these related variants--blondes, redheads, brunettes,.....and recall all those :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :offtopic:

Hmmmmm...lovely!