Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Front Fog Light Removal

royp

Can anyone tell me how to remove the front fog lights on a W reg IS200SE as one of them has condensation in. The book states to undo the inner 2 bolts & prize the light out, yet when you manage to squeeze your head in behind the front wheel & look through one of the small slits in the rear of the lower skirt spoiler there appears to be a plastic clip holding the fog light in at the rear.

This clip is near impossible to release even after undoing a few of the retaining screws on the skirt/spoiler.

Surely you dont need to take the spoiler off completely simply to clean the inside of the fog light. Ive removed both retaining bolts & pushed n pulled & tried to squeeze a screw driver into release the apparent clip holding the fog light in all with out any success.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated :question:

best way to get these out is to unscrew the wheel liner and get your hand to it from the back. the wires for the bulb are so short that I doubt you could get it out from the front anyway. I had the same problem on one of my fogs and I made a mess trying to get the front off to clean it and ended up buying another foglight from the dealer. :(

Undo the two bolts. Unclips the wheel arch liner to remove bulb and push. (not sure how it unclips but I wiggled if from side to side and that worked)

Take the light out and take it indoors to dry out. Don't take it apart, just get some clear silicone (Windscreen sealant) and go around the join. :winky:

Nice one.

Thanks for the extremely quick replies, I only posted last night & never expected any replies for a couple of days.

I'll give it a bash tomorrow after work, as its bugging me, as its one of those things that nobody notices except yourself because you own it.

By the way I only bought the car just over a week ago first Lexus Ive ever owned & I'm amazed at just how many people comment on it, & the exclusive brand name of lexus even had a couple of teenage girls with there dad asking if they can stand next to it & have there photo taken with there camera phone. Only trouble is everybody seems to think I'm loaded now.

Are there any manuals for the IS200 as I went to Halfords etc & could'nt find any.

Again thanks for all your comments.

Roy

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

• 4 months later...

I've also had my passengers side fog light full of condensation, how is best to take it apart as the condensation looks to be on the inner round glass bit? The rubber groom that the bulb also slides into has disintegrated anyone know how to connect up a bulb securely without this? Or is it a case for a new fog light :(

• 3 years later...

Hi !Front fog lights on most lexus is200`s are very prone to get dirt and moisture inside due to the not clever idea of the cut outs on the inner wheel arch so all the water,salt etc goes through the vents ( or what ever there supposed to be lol ) straight onto the back of the fog light light which then rots the back/electronics etc and goes straight into the inside of the fog light .My is200 front fogs were that badly corroded at the rear when I removed them from the car ( 2 x 10mm bolts then tease out ) the fog lights were completely ruined where the bulb area sat inside and fell to bits.I then thought as I`ve been looking at where I could place drl`s ( day time running lights ) as there`s no where on the front of a is200 to put any I decided to see if I could place drl`s inside the front fogs and to my surprise I could so this is how I did it in which they now look fantastic and have fog lights working 100% as well ! Go to utube and tap in " lexus is200 drl`s " a short 21 second video and feel free to ask me any questions @ MaxsoundCarAudio Uk ... Thank you.

• 5 months later...

Can anyone tell me if the inner lens on the front fog lights comes separate to the body of it? If not has anyone got a left hand front fog light for a 1999 is200 please i can't afford to pay a lot though. Thank you. Dave.

Can anyone tell me if the inner lens on the front fog lights comes separate to the body of it? If not has anyone got a left hand front fog light for a 1999 is200 please i can't afford to pay a lot though. Thank you. Dave.

Comes as a complete unit as far as I know and the ones on later models are slightly different as they come with a cap and wiring and bulb are different too.