Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anodised Bolts

I ordered a load of Anodised bolts, nuts, washers etc and have ben informed that ALL threads on the Lexus are Metric Fine Thread :o

Is this right? I would have thought that non load bearing bolts would be a standard pitch on any car ?

If they are metric fine, I better cancel the order rather sharpish. Any help would be great chaps.

Phew, thanks for that lads.

I had a horrid thought that they could be something like a 1mm pitch thread or something silly. I havent removed any so I didnt know.

Just for info for Mr Phonedrome, there are 3 types of metric thread; Metric Fine, Metric Standard and Metric Course (which are usually the larger diameter).

A Mate of mine with a Nissan says that EVERY bolt on his car under the bonnet is a metric-fine thread with a pitch of 1.1 to 1.25mm, which means that standard metric bolts will not screw in as they have a standard pitch of 1.5 to 1.6mm. Now theres a bummer !! it cost him an absolute fortune for Anodised bolts....

Pete, would you mind posting (in gold) or sending us a PM with what sizes you need how many, which ones go where type thing. I've been meaning to get these for a while but haven't really got the time to investigate properly

cheers

jim

Just for info for Mr Phonedrome, there are 3 types of metric thread; Metric Fine, Metric Standard and Metric Course (which are usually the larger diameter).

I know that. But wrote it wrong. Typical fault :geek:

I will make a note of each bolt size I replace and post it so all can see.

I didnt bother counting each bolt and ordering just for that. I ordered a big tub of 200 items from Demon Tweeks, bolts, nuts, washers, caps. I figure it should be enough :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links